64 gb sdxc microsd UI class 10 error messages

gothikachic

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. I recently purchased a Samsung Evo 64gb microsd card sdxc UI. I know it's mostly for Samsung cell phones but it says should be compatible with most android phones. I am not tech savvy. I received the microsd card, inserted into my HTC Desire 510, and had no issues. Then after a week I started getting error messages, (eg. sd card damaged, format card.) Then my phone's storage kept switching from sd card to phone. I read online that the phone takes up to 128 gb but sdhc not sdxc. Is there any way around this? Can I still get use out of this sd card or is it useless?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you buy the card--from a physical store, or from some random seller on eBay? A source like the latter increases the risk for a counterfeit card.

Use SD Insight to see if the card is what it says it is.

gothikachic

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for a reply to my post. I downloaded the SD Insight. My sd card is invalid. So that takes the science out of that. I had already made a complaint to ebay which is where I purchased the sd card. Filled out the form explaining what's wrong with the product. Luckily I was refunded no questions asked. I did see what you mentioned about the sd card scams before purchasing it but thought it was a good price and I took my chances. Never had a problem with purchased items on eBay. Now I know to definitely stay away from purchasing sd cards through third party merchants. It's going in the garbage and that's the end of that. Thank you so much for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC