How do i completely format my phone? ( HTC 510 0PCV1 )

A

AC Question

Current phone model is an Android HTC 510 0PCV1, has a 4GB internal Hard Drive, but when I do a factory reset, it only shows that have 1GB.

The phone has been rooted, but I don't understand the file system. While browsing of those unfamiliar folders, I did find some old personal files.

Likewise, I would like to completely wipe all parts of the 4GB hard drive, including the 1GB that gets erased during a reset, and the additional 3GB that has a bunch of system folders and files.

I would also, if possible, have the phone software to be on one 4GB partition so when I do a reset, it resets the entire hard drive...

Is this possible? And if so, how do I do this?

Thx!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If your Desire 510 comes with 4 GB of total internal storage, it doesn't mean that you can use all 4 GB, because about 3 GB are taken up by the OS and other preinstalled apps. If you're rooted, you could remove non-system bloatware, but you obviously can't get rid of much of the system apps. So it's normal to have only about 1 GB available to the user. It's normal for the industry to report it this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool