(Process com.android.vending) error

Kelly Yero

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently did the BYOP thing with Tracfone. I had a friend that gave me an HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD), so I got the SIM kit and everything seems to be in order. The only thing that does not work is that I cannot go to the google play store. I get an error message each time stating the following "Sorry! The application Google Play Store (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I get the same message each time I try it. Tracfone support just tells me that the phone is broke and they wipe there hands of it! Is there a way to update the software? Since I am not on the AT&T network I cannot download and install updates through the AT&T Software Update feature. From what I gather from research done on the internet, this may have something to do with this phone having the old app market software on it. It is not letting me go to google so I can't update it that way. When I try to download an apk file I don't know where it is, if it downloaded at all. I have no idea what this thing uses for a file manager (not for a lack of trying to find out) and maybe someone has a clue. I know this is an older phone but it was free and I hope that it can be used.

Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power