How do I unbrick my unrooted HTC 626G?

dulfried

Jan 22, 2021
Visit site
I tried booting my mom's old phone, an HTC Desire 626G, but it is stuck in a bootloop. When I try to enter recovery mode (by pressing power + volume down), it just enters the loop again.

I can however enter what I think is the bootloader menu, giving me three options: recovery, fastboot or normal boot. Fastboot freezes the phone, the other two options just start the bootloop. I've never installed a custom ROM.

I disassembled the phone and unplugged the battery to no avail. I tried ADB but I never enabled USB debugging in the first place, so that doesn't work either.

Do you have another idea that might work?

dulfried

Jan 22, 2021
Visit site
Thanks a lot for moving and helping out – yes, that's the steps I followed. Sadly, the phone only enters either the bootloop or the "select boot mode" screen which doesn't help as well...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks a lot for moving and helping out – yes, that's the steps I followed. Sadly, the phone only enters either the bootloop or the "select boot mode" screen which doesn't help as well...
Hi, welcome to AC!

Can you do a factory reset in recovery?

dulfried

Jan 22, 2021
Visit site
I tried flashing the stock firmware but all solutions I could find recquire ADB, which I cannot enable since the phone won't boot properly... I guess my only chance would be more fiddling with the hardware itself – do you know any way of, I dunno, removing the storage chip and wiping it externally or something like that?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried flashing the stock firmware but all solutions I could find recquire ADB, which I cannot enable since the phone won't boot properly... I guess my only chance would be more fiddling with the hardware itself – do you know any way of, I dunno, removing the storage chip and wiping it externally or something like that?
It's been a long time since I messed with HTC, my last one was the M8 that I converted to Google edition. Like I mentioned best bet is xda sorry:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12