HTC dropped in water! Display off! Blank Screen!! Please Help!!

chekdeIndia

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
i dropped my htc into the water while it was playing an audio song, thought for a while nothing would happen but the screen started flashing weirdly.i had not known that i had to remove the battery first i removed it an hour later. As suggested, I disassembled all the parts and kept in rice for continuous 2 days. Later when I restarted the phone, I would confirm by power on sound that the phone was restarting but the screen has completely got blank. Nothing is visible. I am frustrated and and do not have an alternate phone. Please help me fast.
Thanks in advance:':)':)'(

Last edited by a moderator:

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: htc dropped in water! Display off! Blank Screen!! Please Help!!

If the LCD is not displaying it is either because the water killed the LCD or there is corrosion on the LCD plug.
You can try ordering a new LCD, disassembling your device, cleaning what corrosion you can find with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush, then plugging in the new LCD to see if it works.

If it works good for you, if not then there isn't going to be much else you can do. :(

chekdeIndia

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

does it work if i clean the LCD with isopropyl alcohol so that corrosion vanishes and LCD gets back to its original state

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

It could. You should only clean the cable of the LCD because if you get any alcohol on the LCD itself it could seep into the layers of the LCD leaving you with huge liquid spots.

hope the best

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
samsung dropped in water! Display is on bt some huge droplets are formed!! Please Help!

my mobile samsung grand fell in water and i kept it to dry for 1 night and mrng as i saw everything was fine just on the display huge water droplets are formed.... then i went to the service centre they said me to change the lcd and mother board which will cost around 8000.. i dnt have so much money to spend nw,, is there any other way can some1 help me...:(:'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon