Strange behavior of my HTC Desire C

DustBGD89

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I own this phone for some year and a half. In a first couple of months, I was really pleased with it. However, some problems appeared then.
A couple of months ago I noticed that battery started to drain a lot faster than usual and the phone became slower. Killing tasks wasn`t much helpful, neither automatic, nor manual. At that point, I did have a third-party interface, as well as some third-party applications for SMS and so on. That was also problematic, because, for example GO SMS PRO wasn`t able to deliver me a message on time. Also, it appeared that I was unavaiable when the phone was actually on.
Because uninstalling of those apps wasn`t helpful neither, I decided to perform a factory reset. At first, it did have some effect. However, after some time, the problems reappeared. After only a month, I did another factory reset, and at this time, I decided to limit the phone to factory defaults only. The fast drainage continued, phone became even slower, and- it got a parallel life.
It started changing screens automatically, launching apps, even using a keyboard. It seems that some invisible finger is on the screen all the time. At first, I thought that it has something to do with the cold weather (because it happened mostly outside), but recently it happened also on the room temperature. At the same time, it seems that some sensors on the touchscreen are virtually dead- I cannot use some buttons on the keyboard and so on. Rotating is sometimes helpful, but not always.
As far as I understood, the failiure has something to do with the hardware. But, before I take it to the service, I would like to know what it might be.

Thanks in advance!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It does sound like the phone is having hardware problems. It may be less expensive to buy a new phone if possible, since repairs on the Desire may be costly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It could be the capacitors in the screen but also the battery problems might be only the battery or something more. The shutting down of the phone might be the battery or something more. There's no way to know until you take it for repair.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX