Use Launcher Pro on Phone?

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm currently using "launcher pro" on my Motorola Milestone and am thinking of changing to the HTC Desire HD with its new Sense.

I don't plan on rooting (but may do so down the track). From what I've read there is no issue on the older phones installing alternate launchers on top of the phone, just checking that this hasn't changed with the new phone/sense.

I will probably try Sense for a while before I decide to change, just don't want to find I'm locked into something I don't like.

I'm guessing that if I do use launcher pro I can still use the Sense widgets.

Thanks for any info :)

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm currently using "launcher pro" on my Motorola Milestone and am thinking of changing to the HTC Desire HD with its new Sense.

I don't plan on rooting (but may do so down the track). From what I've read there is no issue on the older phones installing alternate launchers on top of the phone, just checking that this hasn't changed with the new phone/sense.

I will probably try Sense for a while before I decide to change, just don't want to find I'm locked into something I don't like.

AFAIK you still can, haven't tried myself, but I don't see why you couldn't. I don't remember anyone in the Desire HD Port to Nexus One thread on xda-developer complain about this, either.

I'm guessing that if I do use launcher pro I can still use the Sense widgets.

Nope. Sense widgets depend on the Sense Launcher; one reason they haven't been ported to other ROMS, and one reason Launcher Pro is re-implementing widgets that look a lot like the Sense widgets.

Patrix.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Yep no issues installing Launcher Pro, no widgets either but decided they were more for show than function anyway.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I got launcher pro, it works just fine and the Widgets work very well.

Thats interesting... I was thinking that I'd have to wait for Gingerbread which will force HTC into cleaning things up.

Which HTC widgets have you installed, and is there a trick to do so? I could be blind but I don't see any HTC widgets in the list...

Just noticed that you have a "Nexus S", thats not a HTC...

Sent from my Nexus S

azazel71

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i use launcher pro on my dhd and it works great, the widgets that come with it are nice and simple and look good ,i also use widgetsoid and beautiful widgets for a little extra personalizing ,and pure music widget for my err music hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20