To HD or not to HD

manners8

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Simply put, do i go for this HD desire or the original desire, i get either one on the same contract n cost. i'm just in two minds on whats best. any suggestions wud be great, time to ditch the blackberry,

plus being in the UK its a straight toss up between the 2 Desire phones, right?

thanks manners

Valentinik

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
much appreciated for thee info, now all i gotta do is wait for my carrier (orange uk) to get it back in stock

Its definitely worth the wait. I paid ?460 for mine outright unlocked and i dont regret a thing. I pre-ordered mine when they announced it and it kept being delayed, i ended up waiting a month extra for it. Im glad i did though.

aaronlivera

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
am too plannin to buy one desire hd.... i also read the romours of htc sabor whch is absolutly a beast if it comes with 2 ghz dual snapdragon prossessor and lots of othr stuff which obviously must hav gingerbread os and heard that it comes in late this year or startin next year.... so my question is.... is it worth waitin for that or stick on to the desire hd plan.....? does htc sabor comes only wit sprint....? if it does comes only in that then its of no use for me.... cos am frm india and sprint network isnt available here in india..... as this is the first costly mobile.... am very concerned abt buyin the best.... even if am goin to buy desire hd i wil hav to wait till it comes in india.... i read some where tat it comes on 10 of dec.... so got some time..... and one last thing.... is it possible to update the desire hd with ginger bread....? if its possible then no change of plan..... only desire hd.....!!! :)

Valentinik

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
am too plannin to buy one desire hd.... i also read the romours of htc sabor whch is absolutly a beast if it comes with 2 ghz dual snapdragon prossessor and lots of othr stuff which obviously must hav gingerbread os and heard that it comes in late this year or startin next year.... so my question is.... is it worth waitin for that or stick on to the desire hd plan.....? does htc sabor comes only wit sprint....? if it does comes only in that then its of no use for me.... cos am frm india and sprint network isnt available here in india..... as this is the first costly mobile.... am very concerned abt buyin the best.... even if am goin to buy desire hd i wil hav to wait till it comes in india.... i read some where tat it comes on 10 of dec.... so got some time..... and one last thing.... is it possible to update the desire hd with ginger bread....? if its possible then no change of plan..... only desire hd.....!!! :)

No doubt the HD will be upgraded to gingerbread in time. I dont know about the phone you mentioned, but i would go for the Desire HD if you are after a phone now. Its definitely worth it.

georg719

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my DesireHD for 3 wks now & although it's my first smartphone (had an old PDA before that but other than that, nothing really to compare it to) I think its an outstanding phone. I've looked at friends' smartphones & it seems HTC have thought about EVERYTHING, making each feature of the phone do its job a little bit cleverer than the other brands.

m3kyd

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the HD, before I had the nokia N900 Maemo device. It is a gorgeous phone, I don't regret even for a second. ONLY thing tho, my girl has the regular Desire, and her ringtone, speaker volume is slightly stronger than my HD. unless those are of grave importance to you, go for the HD.

On another note - I hope they will release a longer lasting battery. With using all the features, and syncs, and 24/7 internet connection, I have to charge once a night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781