My Desire Z keeps going unresponsive like once everyday ..

ahmadka

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys .. Well I recently got my HTC Desire Z about a month ago, and still like having it for one week or so, I've had this problem that my Desire Z keep going unresponsive when its looked .. That is to say, when its locked and I press the power button to make it light up so that I can unlock it, nothing happens .. its doesn't light up .. In such a condition pressing or doing anything doesn't make it light up so that I can unlock it and use the phone .. My only option is to take the battery out and re-insert it and then turn on the phone .. This happens on average like once a day ... Also, I havent really figured out what may be causing this .. it just seems random ..

Other than this the phone works fine in every respect .. It locks and unlocks fine and there's no major lag or anything at any time ..

Any ideas what may be causing this ? Does it sound like a hardware issue of a software issue ? Could an application be causing this ? I admit I installed like 50 apps on my phone within the first 24 hours, and have been installing more apps regularly ..

ahmadka

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well so I called HTC Support about 10 days ago, and the guy whom I spoke with told me to go into the Applications area in Settings, and do a 'Clear Data' for the application named 'HTC Sense' .. there were two applications in my case with this same name, and he told me to do this for the one which has 'HTC Corporation' written under it .. This essentially restores the desktop configuration to the factory one .. That is, all widgets are placed as they were originally, and the wallpaper is the original one too ... I did this and for the past 10 days, my phone has reset only 2-3 times, instead of happening every single day ... I still use the phone just as much as before ...

So what could this mean ? And what should I do now ?

ajkahn

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that it might be happening because of some app. Have you installed any alternate desktop apps such as launcherEx or some other? They usually conflict with HTC SENSE. Also with my Desire Z, sometimes HTC has to reload the desktop because of stupid task killers. Make sure you either uninstall them (easy) or configure them correctly (hard - haven't completely configured mine).

Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

nuke49

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Bell version and my phone was doing the same since I bought it, after sending it back 3 times they finally changed the main board and now I am having no more problems.Run the phone in safe mode and if it is still doing it then it is a hardware problem, this info came from HTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech