Facebook for HTC Sense if going to make me crazy

benlaug

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Facebook for HTC Sense is going to make me crazy

Hi,

I have some problems on my Desire.

- When I change the photo of one of my contacts (for a photo in the sd card), after 10 seconds, the Facebook photo comes back. I don't understand how to "force" the photo that I want instead of the Facebook photo of my contact. It's very annoying !

- Is there a solution to hide the Facebook contacts in the phone application (and not in the contacts application) ?

- Is there a solution not to have the Facebook status updates in the contact application ? It's very annoying to have some Facebook craps in the contact applications.

Thank you,

Benjamin

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have some problems on my Desire.

- When I change the photo of one of my contacts (for a photo in the sd card), after 10 seconds, the Facebook photo comes back. I don't understand how to "force" the photo that I want instead of the Facebook photo of my contact. It's very annoying !

- Is there a solution to hide the Facebook contacts in the phone application (and not in the contacts application) ?

- Is there a solution not to have the Facebook status updates in the contact application ? It's very annoying to have some Facebook craps in the contact applications.

Thank you,

Benjamin

I have an EVO, but I'm going to assume that Sense on the Desire is the same as the EVO. If it isn't, I apologize in advance:

1.) To change the photo from the Facebook photo you want, you need open the contact, then click menu, select Link, then hit menu, then select "select contact photo". You can now choose which picture you want to associate with said contact.

For 2 & 3, are you sure you even want Facebook syncing with your phone? It sounds almost like you don't. In which case you can open settings > accounts and sync > select the Facebook option and either remove it, or turn off the option to sync contacts.

dajayspot

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the same problem...it is extremely annoying. the green notifications in the contacts list is a useful feature for stuff like missed calls, missed messages, etc. but I really don't want to be notified that someone changed their facebook profile picture. Is there anyway way to disable facebook updates in this location?

For 2 & 3, are you sure you even want Facebook syncing with your phone? It sounds almost like you don't. In which case you can open settings > accounts and sync > select the Facebook option and either remove it, or turn off the option to sync contacts.

I still want to sync facebook with my contacts so that I can get the pictures for all of my contacts and to update contacts with other e-mail addresses or phone numbers I might not have. I just don't want notifications of every little updated in the contacts. that's what friend stream or logging into facebook is good for.

any help would be great!

benlaug

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have an EVO, but I'm going to assume that Sense on the Desire is the same as the EVO. If it isn't, I apologize in advance:

1.) To change the photo from the Facebook photo you want, you need open the contact, then click menu, select Link, then hit menu, then select "select contact photo". You can now choose which picture you want to associate with said contact.

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your answer.

For the 1), it's exactly what I'm doing, I select a photo in my sdcard with this method, but when I close the app, or when i change the photo of an other contact or when the phone is syncing with Facebook, the selected photo disapeared and the Facebook photo replaces it automaticaly.

It's veryyyyyyy annoying.

But I think as you said, I'm going to remove Facebook synchronisation (except if there is a solution for my problem number 1).

Thanks,

Benjamin

benlaug

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I still want to sync facebook with my contacts so that I can get the pictures for all of my contacts and to update contacts with other e-mail addresses or phone numbers I might not have. I just don't want notifications of every little updated in the contacts. that's what friend stream or logging into facebook is good for.
Unfortunately, I think that Facebook for HTC Sense is not so customisable :(.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae