shayne88

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Has there been a release for the Desire yet, I heard that Ireland was going to recieve it and am wondering if anyone has updated yet?

Not only do I want an update but It seems a lot of the programs I have updated now don't work correctly various bugs are starting to show in either the phone or in the programs.

trick202

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Nope, not yet.

I have no idea why you'd think Ireland would be getting it first?
2.2 has been released to developers today at the Moto X launch. Moto x will get froyo "later on in the summer". If HTC have any balls about them, they'll have it for the Desire before that.

shayne88

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Damn , perhaps its something I saw or heard in a dream but I swear I read on some droid phan site that they were rolling out the update this month "June"
Oh well perhaps have to wait till 2011 for it.

dnlgee

May 13, 2010
twitter.com
Motor Droid is getting it next month and the SDK was officially released yesterday. So I would expect an official HTC by the end of August. That's just my oppinion though.

However, if you have a rooted Desire, you can always install Froyo now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

dubmess

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Got my update and see already that the new keyboard functionality isn't working (the swipe to the top to get numerics etc.), also the camera app is exactly the same, still that annoying drag out multi-menu crap... and just noticed I don't have the fancy 3D photo gallery either. This is just in my first 5 minutes of playing around...
anyone else noticed these or anything else?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my update yesterday. Like Showshifter says, all unlocked/unbranded Desires in Europe were updated yesterday.

dubmess - Look at it from the bright side. I don't know much about that keyboard thing, but at least you've got 720p recording and playback, and the camera menu is a lot quicker. Again, I don't know anything about the 3D gallery. Were we even supposed to get these things? I've never seen them mentioned for the Desire.

dubmess

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ah, ok... I'm an Android noob, just moved from Palm Pre... I assumed what was updated for one handset was updated for all, guess I need to do a bit more research!

dubmess

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok... looked on youtube for some other Desire handsets running Froyo. They seem to have revised launcher with 3 new icons: phone, programs and internet. Also when you go into programs there's 3D scrolling....

All not massively important but I'm just wondering did I actually get a full update?

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my update yesterday. Like Showshifter says, all unlocked/unbranded Desires in Europe were updated yesterday.

dubmess - Look at it from the bright side. I don't know much about that keyboard thing, but at least you've got 720p recording and playback, and the camera menu is a lot quicker. Again, I don't know anything about the 3D gallery. Were we even supposed to get these things? I've never seen them mentioned for the Desire.

There is an N1 3D gallery on myhtcdesireDOTcom that works on desire just fine. :)
Bellow is the mediafire download link from above mentioned site.

Gallery3D.apk

Last edited:

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The delays tend to be caused by carriers taking FroYo and adding their stuff to it. Orange UK reckon this will delay their release of 2.2 by about 4 weeks. The way round this is to de-brand the phone so that it connects to the HTC servers to look for updates instead of your carrier's.

Steve.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was very lucky as when I recived update notification on my device which WAS a UK Vodafone device I hit the forums and blogs to check it out beforehand. Needless to say I am so glad I did as the update was a ROM locker and bloatwere update, so today I debranded my device and installed the official HTC OTA FroYo update and am very happy to say it workes a charm the device is faster more responcive and has loads of space for apps with a nice 16gig sd card in it ;)

Last edited:

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
uummmmm, i keep hitting the update key on my DESIRE and it tells me i'm up to date when i'm not.

whats up with that?
is there a way around this?
Yes with android there is ALWAYS a way around somethink ;) try debranding your device its pretty strait forward and fairly easy to do just google it as I dont wish to add another forums link in here. or PM me for the info links you will need
1: a PC running vista or win 7
2: a goldcard (micro SD card formatted for development)
3: All relevant roms ie 1.21 you will need this to debrand your device before updating it to 2.2(froyo)
4:a little savvy and ability to follow instructions
5: a good pair of ba11$

liquidmonkey

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
it seems the update has been pulled from the HTC website.
the entire update text was pulled on friday but seems to b back today but when clicking on it your back to the update page.

anyone else having any luck?

ps, my mobile is UNBRANDED and UNLOCKED so should not have any issues