09-01-2010 10:32 AM
31 12
tools
    Has there been a release for the Desire yet, I heard that Ireland was going to recieve it and am wondering if anyone has updated yet?

Not only do I want an update but It seems a lot of the programs I have updated now don't work correctly various bugs are starting to show in either the phone or in the programs.
    06-22-2010 07:02 AM
    Nope, not yet.

I have no idea why you'd think Ireland would be getting it first?
    2.2 has been released to developers today at the Moto X launch. Moto x will get froyo "later on in the summer". If HTC have any balls about them, they'll have it for the Desire before that.
    06-23-2010 03:41 PM
    Damn , perhaps its something I saw or heard in a dream but I swear I read on some droid phan site that they were rolling out the update this month "June"
    Oh well perhaps have to wait till 2011 for it.
    06-24-2010 06:28 AM
    Motor Droid is getting it next month and the SDK was officially released yesterday. So I would expect an official HTC by the end of August. That's just my oppinion though.

However, if you have a rooted Desire, you can always install Froyo now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    06-24-2010 06:23 PM
    Didnt know they were rooting desire where are the packs for it ?
    06-24-2010 09:45 PM
    Been rooted for months.. check the XDA forums or check desire.modaco.com

06-25-2010 03:06 AM
    thanks for the information but the rooting solution is for HBOOT 75 or lower mine is .8 so I dont wish to risk bricking it
    06-29-2010 08:17 AM
    The update to Froyo 2.2 for unlocked Desires was issued yesterday. I updated mine and everything working great
    08-02-2010 02:39 PM
    Got my update and see already that the new keyboard functionality isn't working (the swipe to the top to get numerics etc.), also the camera app is exactly the same, still that annoying drag out multi-menu crap... and just noticed I don't have the fancy 3D photo gallery either. This is just in my first 5 minutes of playing around...
    anyone else noticed these or anything else?
    08-02-2010 08:26 PM
    I got my update yesterday. Like Showshifter says, all unlocked/unbranded Desires in Europe were updated yesterday.

dubmess - Look at it from the bright side. I don't know much about that keyboard thing, but at least you've got 720p recording and playback, and the camera menu is a lot quicker. Again, I don't know anything about the 3D gallery. Were we even supposed to get these things? I've never seen them mentioned for the Desire.
    08-03-2010 03:15 AM
    Ah, ok... I'm an Android noob, just moved from Palm Pre... I assumed what was updated for one handset was updated for all, guess I need to do a bit more research!
    08-03-2010 04:13 AM
    Ok... looked on youtube for some other Desire handsets running Froyo. They seem to have revised launcher with 3 new icons: phone, programs and internet. Also when you go into programs there's 3D scrolling....

All not massively important but I'm just wondering did I actually get a full update?
    08-03-2010 02:08 PM
    I got my update yesterday. Like Showshifter says, all unlocked/unbranded Desires in Europe were updated yesterday.

dubmess - Look at it from the bright side. I don't know much about that keyboard thing, but at least you've got 720p recording and playback, and the camera menu is a lot quicker. Again, I don't know anything about the 3D gallery. Were we even supposed to get these things? I've never seen them mentioned for the Desire.
    There is an N1 3D gallery on myhtcdesireDOTcom that works on desire just fine.
    Bellow is the mediafire download link from above mentioned site.

Gallery3D.apk
    08-03-2010 05:20 PM
    uummmmm, i keep hitting the update key on my DESIRE and it tells me i'm up to date when i'm not.

whats up with that?
    is there a way around this?
    08-06-2010 12:55 PM
    The delays tend to be caused by carriers taking FroYo and adding their stuff to it. Orange UK reckon this will delay their release of 2.2 by about 4 weeks. The way round this is to de-brand the phone so that it connects to the HTC servers to look for updates instead of your carrier's.

Steve.

08-06-2010 01:35 PM
    I was very lucky as when I recived update notification on my device which WAS a UK Vodafone device I hit the forums and blogs to check it out beforehand. Needless to say I am so glad I did as the update was a ROM locker and bloatwere update, so today I debranded my device and installed the official HTC OTA FroYo update and am very happy to say it workes a charm the device is faster more responcive and has loads of space for apps with a nice 16gig sd card in it
    08-07-2010 02:02 PM
    uummmmm, i keep hitting the update key on my DESIRE and it tells me i'm up to date when i'm not.

whats up with that?
    is there a way around this?
    Yes with android there is ALWAYS a way around somethink try debranding your device its pretty strait forward and fairly easy to do just google it as I dont wish to add another forums link in here. or PM me for the info links you will need
    1: a PC running vista or win 7
    2: a goldcard (micro SD card formatted for development)
    3: All relevant roms ie 1.21 you will need this to debrand your device before updating it to 2.2(froyo)
    4:a little savvy and ability to follow instructions
    5: a good pair of ba11$
    08-07-2010 02:14 PM
    Still waiting to be updated in South East Asia. Been visiting the HTC support page everyday for the system upgrade.
    08-08-2010 05:41 AM
    it seems the update has been pulled from the HTC website.
    the entire update text was pulled on friday but seems to b back today but when clicking on it your back to the update page.

anyone else having any luck?

ps, my mobile is UNBRANDED and UNLOCKED so should not have any issues
    08-09-2010 05:26 AM
    nevermind, it seems to b back and i just updated to v2.2 and all is working great!!

in sweden
    08-09-2010 04:48 PM
    I am looking to unlock my desire so i can update to 2.2, I am on Telus in Canada. Can anyone tell me the easiest, cheapest way to unlock my desire?
    08-17-2010 10:35 AM
    I am looking to unlock my desire so i can update to 2.2, I am on Telus in Canada. Can anyone tell me the easiest, cheapest way to unlock my desire?
    Debrand it.
    Its free you can do it yourself the info and softwere is readily available just make sure the rom you use is the HTC release with thegeneric radio version.
    08-18-2010 09:16 AM
    Anyone with Froyo got flash going? Just wondering if you can open up X92.9 - CALGARY'S NEW ROCK ALTERNATIVE!! and open up the "listen live" part and listen?
    08-21-2010 02:18 PM
    Flash works great for me. I'll try your link later (using my phone as hotspot right now and it's several feet away - too far for me on a morning xD), but I can view trailers on Gametrailers just fine. It's a little stuttery, but I'm sure they'll sort that out in a future release. I hear the N1 version of Flash has been very optimized for that particular phone, and I'm hearing they'll do the same for others.
    08-22-2010 02:06 AM
    Debrand it.
    Its free you can do it yourself the info and softwere is readily available just make sure the rom you use is the HTC release with thegeneric radio version.
    can you post a link to this free software. I have looked all over for unlock code and they all cost money.

Is unlocking any different from debranding? if so how?
    08-31-2010 02:36 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD