Advanced task manager

human1987

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Any idea why the application "Maps" will keep running in the background?
I launched advance task manager and always see that this application will be running. It seems like the application is triggered to run frequently...

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought, but try disabling GPS, pulling the battery, and see if maps still runs in the background. Perhaps GPS being enabled is influencing G Maps?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Any apps running in the background are completely suspended and thus don't hurt the speed of the device or its battery life. Unless, of course, the app is set (by you) to update itself every now and then. So, don't worry. And no, don't use a task killer.

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Not always, I find that stuff like Hi Yahoo & Hi MSN and such still consume CPU while in the background, I manually kill them. Task killers in general aren't needed but there are apps like system panel that lets you individually kill apps.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Not always, I find that stuff like Hi Yahoo & Hi MSN and such still consume CPU while in the background, I manually kill them. Task killers in general aren't needed but there are apps like system panel that lets you individually kill apps.
Those apps fall under the "update themselves" category, I believe. ;) Since they constantly need to lookout for pushed messages and such.

I only use a task manager when something hangs and won't close properly.

black

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Don't use task killers, all of the above is correct about them sitting there idle. Download Watchdog Lite, a good task "management" app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech