Is there a way to make a Home screen shortcut on the Home Screen?
    On my HTC Desire, my Home Screen button is all the way to the left
    and I have to use my left hand to press it. I would like to use my
    right hand but my thumb won't reach it.
    04-20-2013 09:48 AM
    Have you tried using some of the many popular 3rd party launchers? Nova, Go Launcher to name a few... Example Nova will IMPORT all your current home screen setup to make thing painless and it gives you so much more options over stock. You can add/remove home screens, make any home screen the default and so much more including your launcher dock too..

Best part is 99% of them are FREE or put it this way the FREE version is really all you need.
    04-20-2013 09:53 AM
    I can't reach all the way over to the left with my right hand finger to hit the home screen button at the bottom left of my phone. I was needing a home screen shortcut on my home screen where I can press the shortcut with my right hand finger.
    04-20-2013 10:05 AM
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. A shortcut to go to the home screen when you're already on the home screen? Please explain. Also, why not try what Paul627g suggested?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-20-2013 10:21 AM
    If I'm on another screen I'd like to have a shortcut on it to the default home screen. The home screen button built into the phone is over on the left hand side and I cant get my right hand over there to press it.
    I wanted to use my right hand for everything. Or is there a way to remap the home screen button and put it where the search button is?
    04-20-2013 10:32 AM
    If I'm on another screen I'd like to have a shortcut on it to the default home screen. The home screen button built into the phone is over on the left hand side and I cant get my right hand over there to press it.
    I wanted to use my right hand for everything. Or is there a way to remap the home screen button and put it where the search button is?
    Okay, now I see what you mean. Download Nova Launcher, and among other awesome customizations, it'll give you a shortcut to go to the default home page.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-20-2013 10:41 AM
    As a matter of fact...

Get Nova..

Nova Settings/Gestures & Buttons/Button Actions

There is an option located under the following.. You select gestures or buttons to do what you like I just tried it and reconfiguring my HOME button will either take me to my DEFAULT SCREEN or any one of the home screen's I select

Just pick which thing on there you want to modify and you can pick what you want it to do... I changed my HOME BUTTON. You can select it to even open a specific APP or Shortcut, etc.. the possibilities are awesome.
    04-20-2013 10:46 AM
    Thanks guys for your help!!!
    04-20-2013 10:49 AM
    No problem.. Tell ya the truth I've been using Nova for a long time and never really explored this option until you mentioned it...

Now I'm setting up some quick shortcuts to my favorite stuff.

Have fun!
    04-20-2013 10:56 AM