Android upgrade messed up with Clockworkmod/Unrevoked

VincentB1980

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am afraid I messed up my HTC Desire.
2 or 3 months ago I unlocked my phone using unrevoked.

Today I got a message from HTC that an update was available. So I downloaded and tried to install it. After a reboot it came into a clockworkmode menu, and asked if I wanted to install /sdcard/update.zip. I clicked yes but it couldn't find the location.

So I decided to look manually for a zipfile on the SD card. I found one in /downloads which looked like an update file (it's too long to remember but it contained "htc", "update" and a version number).

I know I was stupid but decided to install that. Installation seemed to go fine until it rebooted, and kept rebooting and rebooting...

Now it's stuck in an unlimited loop and can't do much. Even taking the battery out and putting back in doesn't help.

I don't know enough about rooting and ROMs to fix this, and I know it was stupid to just choose a file and install, but I hope someone can help me "unbrick" my phone..

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Vincent

VincentB1980

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Some extra info:

When i look in the HTC Bootloader it shows the following message (very quickly but I recorded it with the camera) :

SD Checking...
Loading...[PB99DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PB99DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PB99IMG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PB99IMG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!

After that it goes back to the bootloader menu.
Hopefully this might help..

Can anyone tell me how I can get into the clockworkmod menu on the phone?

Thanks,
Vincent

VincentB1980

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Managed to get the goldcard image

Hi,

Using a colleague?s Android phone I managed to get the number needed for my specific memory card (inserted my memory card in his phone) and now have the goldcard image.

I believe from several tutorials that I can make the card a goldcard now.

I?m at work now so can?t do it here, but I?m preparing for doing this tonight.
What will be the next step? Can I use an RUU to install the latest Android version on the SD card straight on my computer (buying a MicroSD adapter tonight to be able to access it straight from my phone)?

When I insert it and start my phone will this make my phone start up again?
I guess I will lose most of my data, is there any way to backup my phone memory before hand?

Thanks!

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The error of no/wrong image looks like the update isn't made specifically for your phone or that it didn't write it to your card fully. On most htc's you hold down the power button and the down volume button to get into Clock work boot loader. Once there if you made a backup of your original rom then you can restore it from your sd card. If you did not make a back up you should be able to "wipe data/factory reset" - then "wipe cache partition" - then go to advanced and "wipe dalvik cache". Then reboot. NOW IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL DELETE ALL OF YOUR DATA ON YOUR DEVICE! meaning all accounts will have to be setup again emails and such will have to pulled from google and if your device saves pictures and video's to your internal memory it will all be gone. So this is kind of a last resort. If the update that you installed is what made it start boot looping this COULD reset you back to working.
The perfect scenario is if you can find a copy of your rom and just flash it through the Clock work! That would give you a fresh copy of android.
Hope this helps !!!

bwoodz21

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
note im not good with treads and if i am in the wrong place i apologize. i do need ones help tho, if i wipe/factory reset in clockworkmod will this mess my phone up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463