Why can't I mount or format my sd card?

bagley247

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
i cant mount or format my sd card

I can't format my sd card I have a HTC desire 610 4.4.3 I told it out of my old s3 and now I can't do anything with it it's a 32 gig and useless at this point

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: i cant mount or format my sd card

Welcome to Android Central! Can you insert it into your computer's SD reader and format it there? Make sure you format in FAT32, since that's universally compatible.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

You can probably return it to the manufacturer for a replacement. It's an issue with SanDisk and SGS3/KitKat. They replaced my 2 yr old 64GB card last month.

Adam Howard1

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Hi i'm in serious need of a dig out. i own a HTC Desire 310 . For the most part its qiute a good phone but for one major problem. STORAGE. i recently bought a 32gb SD card in the hope that i could transfer apps/files etc.. to the card as the internal storage in dreadful. I dont even have the option of moving stuff to the SD card. I have rooted the phone, downloaded numerous apps , read numerous forums etc.. and still nothing seems to work for me . all i want to do is chose a default storage place . please help somebody

jsjacksgirl

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

I had one partition app tell me mine was bad. So I used another. Try this. Get a dos prompt. Type disk part. DISKPART should open. Type List Disk
You should see several disks listed.

One will be your 32gig sad card.

Select Disk 0
It should say Disk selected and give you a prompt>
Type:Clean
Type:Create partition primary
It will say partition created.
Type Format space FS=Fat32 enter

Disk formatting................

Type Active

Type Assign letter=E enter

Done

Your disk isn't bad, trust me

jsjacksgirl

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

Try DISKPART if nothing else works.

It always works for me. Format it in Fat 32 and make it PRIMARY and ACTIVE. Those two strings are necessary