so for months my htc desire has been stuck in on the start up logo many other people have experienced this problem and i couldnt find a solution so i just left my phone. today i tried on the off chance a hard reset which never worked but IT WORKED... but i can only go into settings if i try to go to e.g the home screen it says unfortunately, setup has failed. i have spent hours googling and trying solutions so PLEASE HELP will be eternally grateful
    06-26-2015 04:14 AM
    so for months my htc desire has been stuck in on the start up logo many other people have experienced this problem and i couldnt find a solution so i just left my phone. today i tried on the off chance a hard reset which never worked but IT WORKED... but i can only go into settings if i try to go to e.g the home screen it says unfortunately, setup has failed. i have spent hours googling and trying solutions so PLEASE HELP will be eternally grateful
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try using the HTC RUU to install a fresh copy of the OS on the phone. It might clear out all the bugs and give you a fresh OS.

rom-downloads - Support | HTC United States
    06-29-2015 11:08 AM