HTC 530 battery drain

A

AC Question

just bought an HTC Desire 530. seems to blow through battery life quickly compared to my old LG. I usually disable the known power hogs like location, bluetooth and auto sych except when needed. just sitting on the desk with the screen inactive, it can drop 10% or more in an hour. hate to see what happens when I start talking or texting a lot on it....on the plus side, it seems to recharge faster than any phone I've ever had...
We live in a rural area with poor cell service at the house but use wifi when home. I noticed that the display often says "no service" or "limited service" even when connected to wifi and the phone indicates that the wifi connection is strong. any ideas? my old LG has a cracked screen but I'm seriously considering returning the Desire and living with the old phone...thanks for reading

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What do your battery usage stats indicate as the main users of charge after a day's normal use? By all means post a screenshot of them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Poor cell signal is a common battery drain, even if you're not trying to make a call. In the face of poor signal, the phone uses more power to try to latch onto signal. If you're in an area with no signal, it may be best to turn on Airplane Mode until you leave that area. If you're in Airplane Mode, you can always turn wi-fi back on.

It may be helpful to see more battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

I merged two duplicate threads, by the way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown