Screen in the sun

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I purchased and returned both a Nexus 1 and Droid because the screens on both of those phones were nearly impossible to see in sunlight, unlike any blackberry screen i have used or the iphones.

My question is, will the Desire's screen be just as helpless in sunlight as these two? If not I would love to get one if/when it comes out for ATT but this is a deal breaker for me

spiderhider

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand its the same screen as the n1. So whatever problems you were experiencing with Googles flagship device you are going to experience with the desire. I can definitely confirm the screen in almost unviewable in sunlight.

spiderhider

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Even on full brightness its almost impossible to use. It's annoying. Nothing major though. Still able to make calls and send a message. I'm in the uk, its mostly overcast here anyway.

Ti-Mike

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
agreed, the screen is not really good to see in the sunlight and i agree the a BB even the 9520 is much better in the sunlight, but i moved to the desire because it has so much more advantages that the issue with the sunlight is acceptable......

RoryH

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's the big down-side to having an LED screen, better colours, practically useless in bright sunshine.

The other screens you talk about (Blackberry) is probably TFT (LCD)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon