HTC DROID Eris OS 2.1v3 download!!!

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
Interesting. Strange how I waited until today to root and before I started I checked the forums and saw this thread lol. I will be trying this out now though and I will let everyone know the outcome.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have installed this leak and am now in the process of re-populating all the data on my phone. Seems to be working fine...no glitches yet, will advise.

BTW...possibly dumb question: now that I've installed 2.1 should I remove the PB00IMG.zip file from my SD or leave it...will it interfere with the OTA when it (eventually) arrives? Thx.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
Well something I am having an issue with is that everytime I call someone it vibrates real quick then its fine. And the service seems a bit worse but I'm not sure..

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
Now one of the issues I am experiencing is that it opens a million different apps for no reason at all. Luckily I have Apollo Task Killer (free) and I set the Autokill to 1 minute after my screen goes idle.

Does anyone have this problem?

@DragonOrta Thanks haha atleast I know I am not alone.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just an update, re-installed all apps, reloaded media and contacts, set up email, no signs of bugs to this point. I'm sure there will be some, but this thing seems pretty damn stable. AND I've been using it non-stop for the past three hours and have lost only 15% on the battery...would have been more like 30-40% on 1.5. On the Android Forum boards they're saying the dropped sound on calls is still going on...if I run into that I'll let you know.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Strange how I waited until today to root and before I started I checked the forums and saw this thread lol. I will be trying this out now though and I will let everyone know the outcome.

PHIL NICKINSON on the front page news said:
Warning - This is leaked beta testing software, and wasn't meant for general use. Flashing it will wipe your phone, and take away root if you have it. As always, use your best judgment and flash at your own risk!

By installing Leak 3 you just unrooted your phone and now cant reroot till someone figures out how to root the leaks! doooe!

Last edited:

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
By installing Leak 3 you just unrooted your phone and now cant reroot till someone figures out how to root the leaks! doooe!

um wow... lol Oh well if I have to I'll take this bad boy back to verizon and get a new phone. I am kind enjoying it so far though.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Those that have updated... I would love some feedback on this new leak. Thanks.

Back in my BB days I was constantly looking for software updates. Now I just want an OS that works that I don't have to worry about. 2nd leak seems to be close. I haven't really experienced many issues with it but I will upgrade I'd performance does too. So let us all know how this one runs please.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Quite happy with v3 leak thus far. Phone is definately more responsive. Haven't hit the call bug yet. I hope it's squashed.

dgdave#AC

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any random browser closes so far. The FB widget doesn't work if you run 1.2, but is fine with 1.1. Everything else seems A-ok so far.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
I'm enjoying this a lot the thing I like the most is the navigation, since its the first time I've upgraded I've never used it before. Desk clock is really nice too, just wish I had a dock for it.

The newest version of Swype works great on it too no problems there.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Just updated it this moment even though I just finished setting up my new replacement yesterday).

Was always too afraid to use leaked OS for my BB. But I figured wth. I'll either be switching to Sprint soon or pestering VZW until they let me return the Eris for the Incredible. :)

Hopefully I won't have any problems to post, but if I do, I'll edit...

I'm off to play :)

Site D

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm enjoying this a lot the thing I like the most is the navigation, since its the first time I've upgraded I've never used it before. Desk clock is really nice too, just wish I had a dock for it.

The newest version of Swype works great on it too no problems there.

I got a dock for my Eris for $18.99 free shipping on eBay last week, its great. Don't search for "dock", search for Eris Charger and scan until you find it. It charges a spare battery as well, sync to a PC, good viewing angle. Only thing I don't like is the bright blue power on light which beams onto my ceiling by my bed, a piece of tape will fix that.:)