Alright. I have one of the 2.1 roots. And I've been trying to manually update my Eris. But it always says the Installation fails about 1/4 of the way. Can people who have rooted now get the 2.1 update as well as the people who used the leak?
    05-15-2010 01:21 PM
    Have a friend who has the same problem - looking around the net using google.com I have found zero info sadly. Is there some procedure anyone knows about to make the official OTA 2.1 work on a formerly rooted phone?
    05-16-2010 01:27 AM
    once rooted you can't go back. It appears those(like me) who installed the leak are in the same boat, but have non of the advantages of a rooted phone. If you have a rooted phone it isn't really a good idea to install an official update. It isn't made for your install. There are differences that would most likely cause you headaches.

I however would be interested in finding a way to root my phone from the leak 3 personally. I can't get the OTA anyway and manual install not working.
    05-17-2010 02:37 AM
    If you're rooted I would just wait until they have a ROM based off the official update. Then you still have root and a reliable ROM.
    05-17-2010 07:00 AM
    If you're rooted I would just wait until they have a ROM based off the official update. Then you still have root and a reliable ROM.
    I don't think it matters in his case - he's not doing anything on the phone that required a "rooted" phone, I think he just installed a 2.1 beta because it sounded like a fun thing to do.

Sadly the official firmware won't install for some reason - I think it has something to do with the loader...
    05-18-2010 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD