HELP! rooted phone and dont know what to do.

tomiknockers

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello, So i just resently bought a Droid Eris off of someone and its rooted. I Have NO IDEA what that means but sense i've had the phone i think IM not doing what im supposed to adn its slower and messes up a lot more. So my question is either, can i UNROOT my phone, Other then the factory reset because that did not work? Or Can someone please walk me through what it means to have a rooted phone... and what i should do to keep it up and running great like it used to?

Thank you very much..
please help :)
t.knockers.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Manufacturers build the phone kinda "dummy proof", ie. unrooted. Rooting gives you SU=super user the ability to modify most all aspects of your phone hardware and software wise. Rooting will allow you to remove unwanted carrier and manufacturer apps as well as raise or lower the processor speed. But all in all you can easily ruin your phone if you dont know what your doing.
My advice is to read the root info follow this link http://www.androidcentral.com/root
Then decide if you want to unroot follow this link [ROM][10/20/2010]FlashBack21 v1 -Return to Factory Stock - UPDATED - xda-developers
If you choose to stay rooted you can choose custom built ROM's , I have kaosfroyo v38 and it runs stable, I also hear xtrasense is stable too if ya wanna stay with the stock HTC feel which sense UI is really nice but it runs on 2.1 and KFroyo is 2.2

All the info ya need is here in the forums just do a search and read. But please search before you make a new thread because we can have some really grumpy people here who are sticklers on proper forum rules.
Welcome to Android and Welcome to Android Central :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC