3.4 pic message problem

antdspike

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
im running gingerbread 3.4 and my picture messaging hasn't worked since 3.0 does anyone know why? is there something else i have to install?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I did notice that there is no Verizon tab in the market, as there usually is. This same thing is happening in another CM7 ROM right now. I expect that version 3.5 will fix this.

If you can't get MMS to work, you may want to go back to a version that does work until Workshed fixes it in this ROM.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
when i go to install it it says this item is not available for your carrier
what does that mean?

Workshed reports a temporary workaround for this at the xda-developers's thread for the ROM.

From the market, install this app called Market Enabler: https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.racic.android.marketenabler&feature=order_history

Run it. Press "Settings list" at the top. Long press on "[us] Verizon (Verizon) and choose "fake this provider now."

This will now allow you to install Verizon apps until the next time you reboot the phone.

antdspike

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
the app doesnt come up in the market place ive searched it and everything even went to the website and it says its not compatible still

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
the app doesnt come up in the market place ive searched it and everything even went to the website and it says its not compatible still

I was able to get this to work by using the method above. That method, by the way, only works until you restart your phone.

So, you install Market Enabler, run it and do what I said to activate Verizon. Then, go back in the market (on the phone) , and you should now be able to install Verizon Messages.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
it hasnt work do i have to do anything else once i install verizon messages?

No, just run it. That apparently does something to reset the APN settings in the telephony database. (You may have to actually send out an MMS message, though.) Then, so they say, you should be able to uninstall that app and all will be well for MMS.

If that still doesn't work, there is another option. Let me know.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, then you may want to try this:

Only MMS unable to Send/Recieve - xda-developers

I had the same problem on 2 different versions of CM on 2 separate phones. This fix worked both times. Use root explorer, and make sure it is set to R/W mode (read/write). Navigate to:
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db and delete that file, then restart your phone. After the restart, you should be able to send and receive MMS messages.

So, that means get the app Root Explorer. Navigate to the /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases folder. There is a button at the top that you may have to tap to allow read/write access - tap it if you need to. Now you can either delete or rename that telephony.db file to something else, restart the phone, and see if that works.

Also, I would Nandroid backup first, just in case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084