How easy is it to root the droid

gotwood3001

Mar 30, 2010
www.facebook.com
I am really new to the droid scean. Plus pretty new to the Rooting thing too. I do not want to "brick" my phone. But I do want to get the 2.1 update. I think it is BS they are making us wait as long as we are. Sorry to make this short but I need to get back to work

Fyrhtu

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Uh; the droid has already been OTA updated to 2.1... several weeks back, in fact.
But as far as rooting; it's quite simple nowadays; a simple search or two will find several threads on here. (Yes, I'm being lazy and not looking.)

Adrian#AC

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Uh; the droid has already been OTA updated to 2.1... several weeks back, in fact.
But as far as rooting; it's quite simple nowadays; a simple search or two will find several threads on here. (Yes, I'm being lazy and not looking.)

Mine hasn't. It's still on 1.5

Am I missing something here?

MRickrode

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Adrian, the Droid Eris (make sure you say Eris or people automatically assume your talking Motorola droid in an Eris forum) has not been OTA to 2.1, so you're not missing anything.

From what I understand, there's a few different versions of leaks out there. 2.1 V1 which is or can be rooted, 2.1 V2 which is not rooted and I think a root of 1.5. Probably more, but that's what I've seen.

On another forum right now, there's a frenzy because someone is saying that they have downgraded the leaked 2.1 V2 back to 1.5 which hasn't been accomplished up to this point. I would look for 2.1 root threads here and on a couple other forums to find out the steps needed to do it, I myself have not. I do, however, have the 2.1 V2 and have had very few problems with it.

Some people hate the 2.1 V2, so do a little research and you'll be able to make an educated decision as to which one you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci