Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
No new dates at all. i got sick of waiting for 2.1 OTA and went out n purchased a droid but I love my Eris and I can't wait for them to release 2.1 for it. I think it will be sometime in May

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
The update will roll out when this thread reaches the 100th page. If you don't believe me, send this to 10 of your friends that have an Iphone. Just kidding....

I'm gonna join in on the fun and speculate that the update for Eris will roll out mid June.

imscottr

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
The update will roll out when this thread reaches the 100th page. If you don't believe me, send this to 10 of your friends that have an Iphone. Just kidding....

I'm gonna join in on the fun and speculate that the update for Eris will roll out mid June.

That was funny!!

Bear

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Eris this morning, worked like a charm. I used mybackup to keep all my settings, files and apps. That also worked like a charm. Epic win in my book

Bear

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a Tech support guy call me about signal in my area and while i was on the phone with him I asked about 2.1 he said within the next 30 days possibly sooner we will be getting it. But he did say that we are definitely getting it. We shall see if there is any truth to this. All I can say is I hope its finally here by then.

cfournier#AC

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I still find it funny that there are now 814 post about nothing, much like Senfield. All of this "speculation" is just that nothing more. Like one of the guys said a few posts back what's the big deal? When it hits it hits. With the incredible hitting the market in a little over a week we will lose steam for the cause anyway. Go back to your lives and root it if you want the update so bad otherwise wait.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I for one have had my Eris for right around a month and have no buyer's remorse. It's elegant, fits easily in a pocket and is more than fast enough for most uses. I'd love to be updated to 2.1 for the stated performance improvements and, along with Sense, to have the most cutting-edge FW package in the game right now, even if the HW isn't on the edge anymore. Let's keep things in perspective, though; 6 months ago this HW package, aside from the processor, was pretty hot ****. Does getting 3 more megapixels on the camera and a half-second faster load time on Engadget really going to make that big a difference in your life? Oh, and BTW...for most of us, this phone was FREE, or damn near to it. Enjoy it.

mikieelmo

Apr 12, 2010
twitter.com
2.1 is here !!!!

I just got off the phone with akbar from verision and he said ,bigfoot told him that he heard that we are getting 2.1 on 02/01/2012 so be ready guys !