I've had my Eris for about 4 months (coming over from my Blackberry), and have always wished for an app that would allow me to just lock down certain apps, without having to unlock everything else. Rather than having a "all or nothing" unlock/lock app like the Eris comes stock with (Patternlock), its nice to have the flexibility to choose which apps you want locked down.

The app, App Lock (found in the Market) does this. Maybe this is old news for many of you, but figured I'd post this just in case you haven't already found it. It uses a keypad and a PIN number that you set up, to unlock apps. t gives you all sorts of settings that you can play with. The app works great, and the developer's done a nice job. I

I'm also hoping someone else might take this concept and also make a similar app that just uses a simple dot matrix system as the unlock method, where no numbers have to be input (as it's just faster that way). Maybe one sorta like the stock Patternlock screen on the Eris, but one that gives you lots of flexibility to choose which apps to add or subtract from the system.
    04-29-2010 04:14 PM
    Sounds like a cool app ! What are the benefits locking just certain apps and not the whole phone, like email or something?
    04-30-2010 06:41 AM
    Hiding text messages from your girl? lol and pictures..
    04-30-2010 09:01 AM
    I might try that - I let my kids play games on my phone and this would keep them from messing up my contacts or settings etc.
    04-30-2010 09:07 AM
    have you noticed any performance loss by running this since I assume it calls the app to be running at all times? Just curious interesting app. good for work email and settings apps.
    05-03-2010 02:50 PM
    YES - in fact I just unistalled App Lock after using it for many years. It is very functional at what it does. But - on my new Samsung S4, I found that it was waking the phone hundreds of times a day (using Wakelock Detector) and even Google Maps came nowhere close to that frequency.

However.....I'm now looking for another app as convenient and functional and discovering that's not so easy. But I'm still looking
    07-01-2013 08:05 PM
    I'm having the same difficulty and many do the same thing. If you find something that doesn't wake the phone so often, please let me know. Thanks
    07-16-2013 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD