The New Leak

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
its running VERY stable :) far better than leak 2. Looks like they are really close to the finish line. can't wait for the official release.

MRickrode

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
This leak is by far better than the last one. My battery life is drastically improved. The phone seems to be much more responsive than it was before. That (the responsiveness) was the ONLY complaint I had about the Eris, but it could be snappier because I haven't loaded all of the apps that I had before V3. Also, I understand that the stock battery is relatively small, so, I can't expect too much out of it.

Tonight, I had a force close on something when I unlocked my phone. I didn't pay attention to what it was, I was in a hurry, but we'll see if that comes back.

The signal bars don't seem to match up to actuality all the time, but I've never had a dropped call (knocking on wood).

JustinD2473#IM

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
sorry if this has been answered already, but can this new leak be installed right over one of the 1st two leaks ?

I bought an eris with a leaked 2.1 already installed on it (not sure which one) and i would like to go to v3.

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
sorry if this has been answered already, but can this new leak be installed right over one of the 1st two leaks ?

I bought an eris with a leaked 2.1 already installed on it (not sure which one) and i would like to go to v3.

yes you can just install it right over it just go to the link at the top of the page and download V3 and go to the instruction page and you will be fine

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
OH and another thing i found was that you can now use apps that have secure connection like the Bank Of America app and so on

FINALLY GOT MY BOFA APP BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I updated from leak v1 to leak v3 and my pinch zoom doesn't work anymore. And I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I updated from leak v1 to leak v3 and my pinch zoom doesn't work anymore. And I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?
I was having that problem too. Try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work reinstall the leak. That's what fixed mine.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Found a lil bug on mine yesterday. Tilt orientation wasn't working. To remedy I simply had to perform a G sensor calibration. Not sure if it was just a glich on my phone or it's happened to anyone else since installing the V3 leak.

jaskru

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
v3 is much better than v2. Proper browser functions are back with no more force closing, end button feature to put phone to sleep works again and overall the phone is running 10 times faster. I am very happy with this version and they are close I think to a finished set up. Stoked to have it installed on my phone. Coupled with my 3500 mAh battery I am falling back in love with the Eris. Too bad I have to take the initiative to install the leak and purchase an upgraded battery to get me to this point though....

MRickrode

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Ratchet, thanks for the tip, I've noticed mine hasn't been orienting correctly. I've also had a second force close. I'm beginning to get a little concerned.

Ah, well, that solved one problem!

Last edited:

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Strange. No closes here and I can honestly say I have layed an E-beatdown on this phone the past few days since updating. Seems to be running A ok. Surprising, but haven't been stricken by the phone audio bug yet either.

What apps did you folks have open when it force closed?

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
Strange. No closes here and I can honestly say I have layed an E-beatdown on this phone the past few days since updating. Seems to be running A ok. Surprising, but haven't been stricken by the phone audio bug yet either.

What apps did you folks have open when it force closed?

It keeps randomly opening apps in the background.. like maps and stuff. Only way I can tell is when I open Apollo Task Killer.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
It keeps randomly opening apps in the background.. like maps and stuff. Only way I can tell is when I open Apollo Task Killer.

Strange. Ever since V2 leak, I've elected not to use any type of task manager and honestly haven't ran into anything major. Upon installing to test them on all 3 leaks, I've noticed a decrease in overall performance by installing additional task managers.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
as for task managers just don't run them automatically. I still use mine but only on an as needed basis. Don't go killing things that your unsure of. They work fine when not in auto kill mode. :)

I do notice there is a new bug that the pinch to home screens don't work now? But im very happy that the speed and responsiveness is back up to par. I was wanting to throw my phone out the window with V2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon