1 year...

p4tr1ck

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i think its normally 100 over the 2 year contract... so you would pay 400 with a 100 dollar rebate at a vzw store... i think its an instant rebate at best buy

Safarii

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
alright thanks. i never buy full retail and 2 year contracts because there is something always new the next year and i want it haha

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
On verizon, if you have a plan higher than 49.99 (could be a wrong number exactly, but close) then you can upgrade every year by extending your contract for an additional year. Instead of new every 2 you opt for the "early upgrade".

R

Roy Aguilera

On verizon, if you have a plan higher than 49.99 (could be a wrong number exactly, but close) then you can upgrade every year by extending your contract for an additional year. Instead of new every 2 you opt for the "early upgrade".

No you are correct for the most part. Yet upon upgrading you renew that 2 year contract.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't that be the same as extending your contract for an additional year? If you have a 2 year contract and you upgrade early then that renews a 2 year contract so that would add 1 year to the end of the first contract. Or does it add 2 years onto the back of your first contract (which would expire in one year) making your contract length 3 years...that doesn't seem right.

Sorry, I probably should have specified that if you do an early upgrade in the middle of a 2 year contract then you add on an additional year. My bad.

Brett Haven

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't that be the same as extending your contract for an additional year? If you have a 2 year contract and you upgrade early then that renews a 2 year contract so that would add 1 year to the end of the first contract. Or does it add 2 years onto the back of your first contract (which would expire in one year) making your contract length 3 years...that doesn't seem right.

Sorry, I probably should have specified that if you do an early upgrade in the middle of a 2 year contract then you add on an additional year. My bad.

1st POST!!!! :D

The Verizon policy goes like this... On a plan of $49.99+ you may upgrade at 1yr on an annual upgrade. Thats the voice plan, add ons and taxes don't count (data plan, insurance, vz nav, ect). The New2 will not be eligible, but you are eligible for rebates if there are any. The day you get a new handset with VZW is the day the new contract starts. Its unethical to add on the top of your existing contract.

.... And the additional price for a 1yr is $70 on devices unless there is a major sale going on.

Nabrahan

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
The phone at Verizon on a 1 year plan is $270 (comes with a $100 rebate so $170 afterwards).

Also, i was unable to do a 1 year contract at best buy.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
1 year is about $70 off of full retail and 2 year is around double that give or take. And you still get the rebate. Best Buy doesnt do 1 years. Its not cost effective for any of the parties involved.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I just upgraded on verizon this morning and took the one year option. The 2 year cost was 199 and the one year was 229; well worth it for me for one year.

My 2cents

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89