Eris Rooting Issue.

rufioxiii

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, this is my first post - but I have been reading and searching through posts for a few weeks now.

I just received my Eris today, and I am set on rooting it to 2.1 whichever revision it is currently at.

The issue I have is that when I put the zipped image (PB00IMG.zip) into the MiniSD card (yes, in the root directory) and go back to boot up the phone, it doesn't read the image at all. It goes through checking, doesn't find anything and continues to the HBOOT FASTBOOT/RECOVERY screen. (Keys were Send for FASTBOOT and Up-Volume for RECOVERY)

Now- I am not sure what is causing this issue, but it sure is holding me up. I have tried multiple versions of the same file, hoping to find one that works to no avail.

If someone can be of assistance here, it would be greatly appreciated.

(I really hope that it is something god-awfully simple.)

Again, thanks for the help in advance, and sorry for the long post. not good with the whole TL;DR thing.

rufioxiii

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I am rooting from 1.5 to 2.1. I don't want the leak. I have posted a similar thread over at XDA as well. so far, this is the only response I have gotten.

rufioxiii

May 4, 2010
Visit site
More details to whoever is reading (at 55 views at time of post)

when it goes to the HBOOT screen and checks the SD card it goes through all the green text -
SD CHECKING...
LOADING... [PB00DIAG.zip]
No Image!
LOADING... [PB00DIA3.nbh]
No Image or Wrong Image!
LOADING... [PB00DIA2.nbh]
No Image or Wrong Image!
LOADING... [PB00DIAG.nbh]
No Image or Wrong Image!
LOADING... [PB00IMG.zip]
No Image!
LOADING... [PB00IMG.nbh]
No Image or Wrong Image!

then it all disappears and goes to Main HBOOT screen with:

<SEND> FastBoot Mode
<VOL UP> Recovery

No image loading or beginning to load.
I have tried to format the card and reload image, I have used the computer without USB cable to load the Image onto the SD card, and I have tried renaming the Image with (hopefully) the correct name.

Im stumped.

rufioxiii

May 4, 2010
Visit site
fixed it. FYI anyone who may have the same problem, the SD card must be formatted in FAT32 not FAT.

would have been helpful to know that in the beginning.

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
fixed it. FYI anyone who may have the same problem, the SD card must be formatted in FAT32 not FAT.

would have been helpful to know that in the beginning.

honestly i looked at your post a couple times but couldnt figure it out, im glad you figured it out on your own kudos to you