Eris and Calendars

Doe

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at getting my first droid, the Eris. I use (need) Outlook Calendar for business. I was told by the VZW rep that I should probably stick with blackberry becasue Eris, or the droids in general, do not work well with that calendar. He aslo admitted he isn't 'fluent' in droids; he's more a blackberry man. I am currently on blackberry pearl and wondering if anyone has experience with switching to Eris while still using Outlook Calendars or do I need to switch to Google calendars. I've searched the forums and there is nothing listed about this. Thanks for any insight anyone can give.

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Not familiar with Outlook Calendars on the Droids but maybe go with the Droid Incredible instead of the Eris. More powerful processor and comes with the 2.1 OS.

I don't trust any of the VZW reps in the stores.

ppillai

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Eris and use Microsoft Outlook. Getting the email and calendar to sync was probably the hardest part (depending on IT security level). But after the initial set up, every thing works well. Calendar and email sync perfect.

michaelalpharetta

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Eris Droid and loaded the sync software and then did a successful sync from Outlook calendar and contacts. However, while it did synch my calendar entries from the PC onto the phone, it DID NOT sync the calendar entries on the phone to the PC. This is a problem. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1