have anyone received update yet?

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I've been keep checking update on my sister's eris but doesn't show up at all... I'm wondering if anyone actually received the update.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I also have not received it (I'm still on 1.5), but it is on a limited rollout. I have heard two different things - one, that it will take up to 13 days, two, that most users should have it in 48 hours. We'll see. I know that when MR2 rolled out in January, my phone received it two days later that first release.

Somebody on androidforums.com has photos showing his phone receiving the update early this morning.

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe they're doing the staggered for quality control. Let a thousand or so do the OTA - insure there are no major issues, no rendering the phone useless. Double the OTA's the next day and so on....

I believe the further it goes, the more they rollout.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It's a very logical and safe way to roll things out. Otherwise if they roll it out to everyone at the same time, they kill their network, they also can brick similar phones that may be running a specific app that kills the update. thats the crazy systems like Android OS thousands of applications that you can't account for what they do the any kind of update. so this way they can catch it in groups instead of have to deal with EVERYONE at the same time killing their customer server and support centers. We've waited over 3-4 months... 2 weeks is nothing.

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
It's a very logical and safe way to roll things out. Otherwise if they roll it out to everyone at the same time, they kill their network, they also can brick similar phones that may be running a specific app that kills the update. thats the crazy systems like Android OS thousands of applications that you can't account for what they do the any kind of update. so this way they can catch it in groups instead of have to deal with EVERYONE at the same time killing their customer server and support centers. We've waited over 3-4 months... 2 weeks is nothing.
Agreed.

Craig__L

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Going to be interesting to see if I get the OTA. I am on leak #3 Which is the same Ver # as the OTA. Since it works great, I am more than willing to wait and see.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'm just impatient about this.
With my N1, I was able to grab a link but seems like no one has a link to do it manually.

I guess I just have to wait!

Tallas

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It is a random update done by an algorithm in a computer via MEID number from what I hear, It is all completely random and eventually within a 14 day period all phones should have it. If your phone does not receive it you can go into a Verizon store and have the update installed from what I understand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power