weather force close after 2.1

shifty87#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
my weather widget wont open now that i've updated. it updates the forecast on the homescreen, but when i open it it flashes an error message to quick for me to catch anything but "force close". i noticed a few other apps were doing it too. does anyone know how to fix this?

eris8681

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem too. There is no cache to clear in "manage apps", so that doesn't work. Also while in "manage apps", if I select something it often times comes up as a different app. (I select "Weather" and it comes up as "PhoneFlix", etc.) Very strange...

Is it possible to uninstall the HTC weather program entirely, and then get it back somehow?? Maybe that would work?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
clear data, and do a battery pull. my widgets were not showing up but after a battery pull they loaded. The install is hit or miss on first boot.

leemc

May 13, 2010
Visit site
did a factory reset form settings. fixed the weather widget issue, synced with gmail okay, but had to reload all my apps and email settings

Huskee

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, and like the other posters mentioned, you have to go to Apps>Manage Apps> then find the numerous (there's like 6 or 8) stock weather-related apps.
*I was told by Verizon to 'force close' any that had that option, otherwise 'clear data' on all of them.
*Then do a 'soft' reset. That means pulling the battery out while it's still on, for at least 10 seconds. Then reboot.

I did all of this and walah, good as new. You shouldn't have to do a factory reset, just a soft reset after the data clearing.

Last edited:

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I would like to say THANK YOU Huskee for a very well laid out solution to the force close issue on weather.

Other than the weather app I am most pleased with this upgrade. Been lurking here for some time waiting on the upgrade. Wanting to make sure Huskee got a Thanks notation made me register.

What a great site and community of people this is.

Edit: Now why did it not register a Thanks on Huskee's post?

Last edited:

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, and like the other posters mentioned, you have to go to Apps>Manage Apps> then find the numerous (there's like 6 or 8) stock weather-related apps.
*I was told by Verizon to 'force close' any that had that option, otherwise 'clear data' on all of them.
*Then do a 'soft' reset. That means pulling the battery out while it's still on, for at least 10 seconds. Then reboot.

I did all of this and walah, good as new. You shouldn't have to do a factory reset, just a soft reset after the data clearing.

Thanks a lot ! I was thinkin my GPS radio went out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12