Factory reset after OTA 2.1?

topher#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If my Eris came with 1.5, then got 2.1 OTA and I do a factory reset, does that keep it at 2.1 or revert to 1.5? Does it blow everything away or just clear out all user/app data? Will the apps I installed be gone too?

I am having a few glitches and feel like I should start fresh - just want to know what I will need to re-setup.

utfan

May 14, 2010
Visit site
If my Eris came with 1.5, then got 2.1 OTA and I do a factory reset, does that keep it at 2.1 or revert to 1.5? Does it blow everything away or just clear out all user/app data? Will the apps I installed be gone too?

I am having a few glitches and feel like I should start fresh - just want to know what I will need to re-setup.

It retains 2.1, however, it will blow away all your apps and user settings / data. I did this on Saturday without any major issues, just backed up my apps (reinstalled all of them from the market though). All my contacts are on google, and SDcard is not touched.

With that said, I think my phone runs better after the factory reset than it did with just upgrading to 2.1. Cleared up all my force close issues, speed dial issue and a few other small issues.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
download an app called AppBrain it will sync all your installed apps to the server they have. assuming all your contacts are synced to the google account and not just your phone you are fine there. All music and pics are on your SD card. so do a factory reset.

once you are back to a clean phone, 2 options go to the market place and go to download and install all previous apps, note that if you leave market place it will forget all the apps you had installed and your SOL. alternatively download appbrain from the market. Run it.. DO NOT SYNC your apps. Got to AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and click on the install apps option for all the apsp you want to push back to your phone.

run appbrain on your phone and it will begin installing each and everyone of the apps you had before. It will take you to the market place for each item so you dont have to manually search for them. But you just click install, if you hit back during install it will automatically take you to the next app.

Once you've installed all your apps set them up as you please and your done.

a reset after this update is probably the best thing to do, from all the bugs i've noticed out there.

adervaes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Factory Reset After OTA 2.1

The phone will reset to 2.1, but when it does, the phone will be like you just took it out of the box. Follow the onscreen prompts - you will be prompted to call Verizon to have them program the phone just like when it was new. You will also have to sign in to Gmail and your other email accounts, but after that all of your Google stuff will sync with no problems. So if your contacts are Google, you're home free. You'll have to re-establish bookmarks and all of your personal settings, plus download your apps again.

The initial factory reset and Verizon programming took about 10-20 minutes. The other setup depends on how much you have to re-establish.

The bottom line was that yes it was a hassle, but hey, I have a fresh new phone with some of the trash I had collected weeded out, and a lot of new features.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20