Installed the 2.1 update, now having problems

amycc

May 18, 2010
Visit site
with Google search...it won't load at all, and I cleared the data for the weather widget (which wasn't working at all), but now it won't recognize my city. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Amy

Huskee

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend making sure your gps locator is on (Settings>Location) then it should find your location to use for your weather. As far as typing a city, I ofund it interesting how it only gives you a certain group of cities to pick form. And of course, 99% of the world doesnt live in a major city so how are we supposed to do that?

Anyway, I just use gps "on" for a bit until it finds me (it usually will show your township if you're not directly in a city's limits), and leave it at that.

About google, try doing a 'soft reset'. This is easy, just remove the battery WHILE THE PHONE IS ON, and leave it out for at least 10 seconds. The reinstall it and reboot. If you've cleared the data in (all) the weather widgets, since there are several, then hopefully this will fix the issues.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
bottom line is the eris is outdated. i'm not being mean but it's really true. just get a droid or an incredible if you like Sense UI and you will all BE ALOT MORE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

larlar427

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Someone PLEASE help me! After my Eris upgraded, I thought everything had gone smoothly. However I am having the following problems now that I did not have before:

1. Whenever I try to call someone, the phone vibrates. Not sure why, it just randomly does it as soon as the screen pops up. Also, the pictures for my contacts are blurry (Facebook pics) and I'm not sure why.

2. **Time and Weather Widgets** When I first upgraded, the home screen hardly had anything on it, except for mail, camera, messages, and that was about it. There was no big button telling the time (and when you pressed on it in Android 1.5 it would take you to the world clock, alarm, stopwatch, etc) AND there was no weather (where you click on the weather and it gives you more details).

Whenever I go to to the Add widgets to the Home screen, I hardly have ANY option. I only have "analog clock" as a button to add, and all that is is a clock that looks like one that would hang on the wall. When I tap that lclock, it doesn't take me to my alarms or anything. I have to manually go into programs and all that mess to get to the alarm clock.

With the weather widget, it has 3 different sizes, but when you touch the weather button on the screen, it doesn't take you to anything that gives more detailed weather (it shows more days in the forecast and a refresh button and that is all). This is SO frustrating!!!!! How can I get the clock & weather widgets back that USED to be on it?!? I recall there used to be like 12 different "styles" of clock widgets and 2 different styles of weather widgets...how can I get those back?!?

3. Often times, especially when text messaging someone, I get an error message about how Google Voice wants to force close. I don't even run Google Voice on here that I am aware of (may be it is running in the background???). It's really annoying and usually pops up 2-3 times in a row and each time I click "ok" or "force close" or whatever it wants me to do to get rid of it.

Someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Larlar

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
1. Whenever I try to call someone, the phone vibrates. Not sure why, it just randomly does it as soon as the screen pops up. Also, the pictures for my contacts are blurry (Facebook pics) and I'm not sure why.

I actually haven't called anybody since upgrading, but I actually prefer that vibrate, because it lets me know that the call is actually going through. I hate it when I dial, hold the phone to my ear, and, after nothing happens, I look at the screen to see that it has not been able to dial. Settings -> Sound and display has an option for haptic feedback - perhaps turning this off turns off that vibrate?

As for the contact photos, my understanding is that they improve over time.

2. **Time and Weather Widgets** When I first upgraded, the home screen hardly had anything on it, except for mail, camera, messages, and that was about it. There was no big button telling the time (and when you pressed on it in Android 1.5 it would take you to the world clock, alarm, stopwatch, etc) AND there was no weather (where you click on the weather and it gives you more details).

Whenever I go to to the Add widgets to the Home screen, I hardly have ANY option. I only have "analog clock" as a button to add, and all that is is a clock that looks like one that would hang on the wall. When I tap that lclock, it doesn't take me to my alarms or anything. I have to manually go into programs and all that mess to get to the alarm clock.

When you add a widget to the screen, you have certain choices. To get that clock widget with weather, choose "HTC Widgets", then choose "Clock". Then you can choose a widget style, with arrows at the bottom to choose among 12. The analog clock with weather is the third choice.

3. Often times, especially when text messaging someone, I get an error message about how Google Voice wants to force close. I don't even run Google Voice on here that I am aware of (may be it is running in the background???). It's really annoying and usually pops up 2-3 times in a row and each time I click "ok" or "force close" or whatever it wants me to do to get rid of it.

Uninstall Voice from the market. If you still want it, just install it right back again, and go through the setup. That will clear up the force close issue - well, at least it did for me.

bigE420

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Cant use the list grid in photos

whenever i click to view my photos in list view for easy scrolling it just goes back to my albums screen.....that sucks....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair