backing up the phone

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
is there a way yo back up the phone. im having a small problem and they are just going to give me a new phone but i dont want to set it up again so is there a way i can just back it up and load it onto the new phone?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for the same function. I'm going to let my company try and hack my phone but need to be able to backup everything first. I do have the ROM installer so if they really fudge it up i'll be ok. No luck yet finding a backup PC program though. Wish bitpim worked on these phones.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ewwwww bitpim haven't used that for a few years now lol but yea there are various apps avaliable to help you with backing up your apps and stuff.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I found out there are a few programs out there.

My Backup Pro (backs up basically all apps and data)
Sprite Backup (backs up basically all apps and data)
AppManager Pro (backup of apps only) they have a free version which is their older version but seems to work just fine for app backing.

My Backup Pro seems to be the most downloaded.

172av8r

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
If you have Astro File manager, it has a backup utility built in which will backup your apps (all, or just selected ones) to your SD card. I've never restored one, though, so I don't know if it keeps app settings, or if you have to re-do all your preferences.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Oh ya AStro File Manager forgot about it, I use it. Most of the App backup programs only backup the installers, no data. From what i've read only the full backup programs like My Backup Pro, and Sprint backup the data, but I'll be able to report by friday if this is true. I'm swapping my phone out due to 2 issues I had on my Eris not loading up after powering down forcing me to do a hard reset.

Astro:
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-metago-astro-qzq.aspx

chart

MyBackup Pro:
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-rerware-android-mybackuppro-jmnC.aspx

chart

Last edited:

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I have used ASTRO for backing up some apps. One thing I have noticed though is that if you install an app from backup, it will no longer show in your My Downloads in the Market app.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
if you install an app from backup, it will no longer show in your My Downloads in the Market app.

Correct, ANY apps installed from an SD card or other NON-Market location will not show up in the market as installed (or updatable via the market downloads section).

You will need a separate app to scan your installed apps for "updated" market versions. I think sprite backup has this functionality, but I don't recall. A couple apps do scan for such scenarios.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance