Removing apps?

joe_5962

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to remove un-wanted apps from my eris? Like facebook,stocks,footprint,etc? Not using these apps and wanted to remove them completely from phone to free up space and memory. Already went to manage apps but didn't see any un-install selection.

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
You would have to root your eris first.as long as you're not using one of the leaked 2.1 roms you can root and from what I hear its pretty easy. Just go to the hacking sub forumand get the directions there

drake13

May 14, 2010
Visit site
yeah, pretty much thats is the only way, but then two on the other hand I believe if you root it opens your phone up for viruses and such things like that...

Hence, the reason I havent rooted.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
You'll need ROOT access to remove all the stock apps. This doesn't open the door to viruses... unless you do something not recommended like downloading warez for android to use paid apps for free. This doesn't mean you'll get viruses... but you dont know what your putting on your phone.

check the all things root at the top of the this forum to learn how to root your phone, and remove any and all apps you don't want. Some apps of course will cause errors as they are integrated into your SenseUI. You can even go as far as putting 2.2 on (not really stable) and also removing SenseUI complete.