Eris Rooting Question - About Flashing

A-Train

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I would like to think I have a unique problem on my hand. So to start off, here are my specs on my Droid Eris. I would like some professional advice.

HBOOT: 1.46
Firmware: 2.1 (Did the over the air update)
Baseband Version: 2.42.00.04.12
Kernel Version: 2.6.29-8a03cb9a
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build Number: 2.36.605.1
Software Number: 2.36.605.1
PRI Version: 2.11_002
PRL Version: 03310
ERI Version: 5

I would like to root my phone, plain and simple. I've already read most of the other threads on how to do this so you don't need to repeat yourselves.

Here is my problem: Does it matter at all that my phone was FLASHED over to another carrier? My Verizon HTC Droid Eris runs on the REVOL WIRELESS network and has been working flawlessly on that network even after I upgraded later to version 2.1 (was on 1.5 when I got the phone).

My other question is, what preperations are needed BEFORE I begin rooting my phone to safeguard against total noobish failure? I would like to back everything up and have a spare copy of everybody in case I totally screw everything up but I haven't a clue how to do it or what software to use. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hopefully these same questions haven't been answered/asked before.

Thanks,

A-Train

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
this should be in the root section, not main section. but, not sure if anyone here can answer that particular question. XDA forums will probably get you more technical stuffs.