Some issues...(just my eris like a month ago)

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Some issues (wont vibrate notifications, music problem)

Havin a few issues with my Eris...

1. Music: I just put 1000 songs on my sdcard and when i go to music it only shows its playing 1/100...as if it only sees 100 songs. Is this right or does the phone make a 100 song playlist from the available songs each time you use the music app?

2. Ever since i switched to Handcent SMS the phone no longer vibrates when i receive a text message. It still lights up and plays my notification sound and everything but it just doesnt vibrate. I have it set to always vibrate and put the "normal" vibrate setting through handcent. What gives?

Also sometimes it seems pretty laggy when typing in landscape...not sure whats goin on there but other than that im really freakin happy with this phone. Bought it from a friend and going fom the EnVtouch to this...wow what a difference.

Last edited:

tatts34

May 27, 2010
Visit site
For the music my inc does the same thing. What you have to do is when in the music folder tap on the list icon that is the symbol that has lines on it then slide the selector to play all. that should do it. good luck;)

Tallas

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
What I have noticed is that the SD card takes a bit to catalog all the music, when I add new stuff I usually start up the music app and let it catalog everything for a few minutes.

chimpsnest

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Havin a few issues with my Eris...

2. Ever since i switched to Handcent SMS the phone no longer vibrates when i receive a text message. It still lights up and plays my notification sound and everything but it just doesnt vibrate. I have it set to always vibrate and put the "normal" vibrate setting through handcent. What gives?

Also sometimes it seems pretty laggy when typing in landscape...not sure whats goin on there but other than that im really freakin happy with this phone. Bought it from a friend and going fom the EnVtouch to this...wow what a difference.

Touch your handcent icon, then hit menu button when on your main screen, ie the one w/all the recent conversations, touch settings, touch notification settings then scroll til you see vibrate, hit that and select your option. You can even select a vibrate pattern for different people thru the tools - pretty useful when the ringer is off, you'll know who is texting you just via the style of vibration.

My phone is also laggy since the 2.1 update, slow response time on both portrait and landscape mode, not just in handcent but w/everything to do w/the phone (and yes I've done the hard reset and do soft resets just about every day).

HTH

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan