Internal Memory

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok, my Eris is driving me nuts now.... It tells me I'm low on space even at 15% remaining (around 20mb) and subsequently won't let me install or sometimes even update apps until I make more room.

What things are saved to internal memory and
1) What things can be moved to the SD card
2) What things can be deleted
3) and how do I find them (I have Astro file manager - actually, I can get it, I had to remove it because I was "low on space")

Can I change the setting so that I don't get the warning until 5% or so left?

What can I do here?? I've found cache cleaning apps, but those are only for rooted phones and mine's not. I don't use the web that much anyway and can't find the cache folders using Astro.

I'm getting this crap every day and it's about made me want to see what's inside this device, ya know what I mean?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE: Ok, today I went from 15MB free to 3MB free in the space of about 3 hours. I downloaded nothing. All I did was use the Nav for about 30 minutes, if that. I could not even place a phone call. I had to remove several apps to get the stupid thing to work again. I turned off my sync's for Contacts and such. What the heck happened???

I just got this phone a week ago because the other one had a problem with the USB jack. Now this one is jacked, but in a different way. Any help is appreciated before I smash this thing!

JoshH1

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
try this, Google Maps caches a lot of data to begin with.

Uninstall the google maps update, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

let the menu load and then hit the menu key, > Sort by Size

tap google maps, uninstall update.

go through each app and clear the caches in this menu.

if you use Facebook a lot, also uninstall that update.

once cleared, go into the market and download/reinstall the updates for maps, etc.

Reboot phone.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I just got this phone new, as a replacement, last week and all of this is a new install as of Sunday or so. It's nuts how fast it filled up my internal memory. Literally - it's driving me nuts. I'm divorced with a crazy ex-wife and my job is full commission - I don't need any help going nuts!! ;)

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Some more info - when I got the new phone I had to move all my contacts etc over. I did it by exporting them to the SD card on the old and then importing them on the new. When I imported, I chose to import them to Google contacts so a phone failure wouldn't mean the loss of my contacts. I think that had something to do with it.

Also, when I go to my Settings and my Sync options, I show two Facebooks - one that says Facebook for HTC Eris and the other just says Facebook with my Email. What's the difference? Can I delete one?

I also noted that when I exported then imported my contacts, it put all my FB friends into my contacts - which I did NOT want to do nor did I do before. I don't mind the pic etc syncing if I have someone in Contacts who is also on FB, but not just everyone on FB. I deleted some of those from my Contacts this morning, before my internal memory started eating itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech