Youmail- Battery Killer

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
So I tried to follow all steps possible to get my battery to last longer. I tried and tried to get my "awake" time to go anywhere but 100%... Wasnt happening, phone wasnt sleeping so I was only getting 6 hours or so from my battery... Tried SMS fix, nothing, tried to turn off 3G, Wifi, BT and GPS, Nothing...

So fed up, today I removed all apps that I installed expect Youmail... Love the app! Now I remember back from the BB Storm days, Youmail is always on by default... So, I went ahead and killed youmail... BAM! 20% awake time! Battery went from 6 hours to so far 14 hours strait with still 20% left! Usage has been steady with text, calls and browsing the web...

So, Youmail= Battery killer....

philchang53

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Youmail

What if you set up youmail to send you an email or sms upon new VMs and only downloaded your vm after you get the email (leaving youmail off at other times?)

So I tried to follow all steps possible to get my battery to last longer. I tried and tried to get my "awake" time to go anywhere but 100%... Wasnt happening, phone wasnt sleeping so I was only getting 6 hours or so from my battery... Tried SMS fix, nothing, tried to turn off 3G, Wifi, BT and GPS, Nothing...

So fed up, today I removed all apps that I installed expect Youmail... Love the app! Now I remember back from the BB Storm days, Youmail is always on by default... So, I went ahead and killed youmail... BAM! 20% awake time! Battery went from 6 hours to so far 14 hours strait with still 20% left! Usage has been steady with text, calls and browsing the web...

So, Youmail= Battery killer....

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you can disable auto download can you? Right now I have the app removed and set my account to send me text messages when a new message is received. Then ill just check it via saved bookmark in the browser.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I love YouMail (Smart Greeting is awesome) and haven't had any issue with battery life. I have it set to only download the audio if I decide I want to retrieve it. I subscribe to the transcription service, so I NEVER download the audio.

john galt

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
What if you go into the YouMail app - menu/ preferences / message settings / polling interval - and set that to "never" do you think that would increase battery performance with this app.

by the way, if you're worried about nOT getting a message of a new voice mail if you set the youmail preferences to never do "polling" -- you won't. There's also an option to check for messages "when I miss a call" -- when else would you want to check? I mean, we're all obsessive and have our Droid's in our hands or pockets 24 X 7. You should KNOW when a call was missed and a vm possibly left.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34