signal strength

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
hey someone explain to me why my wife (also on verizon) has a better signal on her tour than i do on my eris when we are in the same spot. I will have one bar and she will have three.
should i be concerned with this? Do i have a bad eris?

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hey someone explain to me why my wife (also on verizon) has a better signal on her tour than i do on my eris when we are in the same spot. I will have one bar and she will have three.
should i be concerned with this? Do i have a bad eris?
No need to worry. You can still make a call and does NOT get dropped right? I have a Tour, Storm, Droid and the Eris.........I have noticed the same on my Eris yet I have never dropped a call nor has it failed to receive data and calls.

anon(3792)

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm dropping calls all over the place, and rarely have more than 1-2 bars. My daughters dumbphone gets 4-5 bars of service where I get 1-2. It wouldn't bother me except I keep dropping calls. Never had this problem with Verizon before, so maybe we both have bad phones...

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm dropping calls all over the place, and rarely have more than 1-2 bars. My daughters dumbphone gets 4-5 bars of service where I get 1-2. It wouldn't bother me except I keep dropping calls. Never had this problem with Verizon before, so maybe we both have bad phones...

if this continues to happen i am taking mine back. i am hoping the dec.11 update will solve this. keepp an ear open and see what you can find out.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i confirmed that the signal meter is flawed and will be corrected with the dec.11 update. Things should get better for us. I am going to wait and see if the update corrects it because i really like this phone.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine shows a low signal very often but I don't get any dropped calls. I'll have to keep an eye on it though.

aleis

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Mine shows a low signal very often but I don't get any dropped calls. I'll have to keep an eye on it though.

this is one of the listed updates.
mine constantly shows (and gets) 1x coverage.
the manual stated that if it is stuck in 1x, power cycle it.
a real PITA.
dec 11th is my sons b-day so im happy for that day for a few reasons :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante