What case are you using for your Eris?

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Now that i have my eris, I want to protect it from the occassional drop, and scratches ect. Drops being the most important. Any case recomendations? Not into the leather cases and such, usually just have the phone in my pocket. Thanks. I am very much enjoying this forum

Bobloblaw

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I got the rubber silicone case they sell at the vzw stores with mine ... its pretty good ... thick but not bulky and only like 16 bux ... its worth it for the added protection

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I actually got the $29 hard case that they sell at the vz store. It has a hard case with an open front that the ERIS can wear all the time, and a holster with a belt clip that the phone can slide into when you want to where it on a belt or your pants waste and/or when you want the front screen protected. Would be better if the belt clip itself was removable, but still overall I like it (although should be $20 or $25, but the store always rips you off some).

-spg

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I need to get a case for mine as well. And a screen protector. I have a bad habit of talking on the phone with my earrings on. And it sometimes scrapes the screen on all my phones.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Well I received my case today. A little dissapointed tho. I guess I was expecting something that would help protect my phone from a fall or whatever I can throw at it. I am pretty rough on these things. Well the case is just a very thin layer of plastic, that snaps together. The rubber case I had on it that was for the hero has more protection. Well I will be looking for somthing different and will kepp ya posted. I went into the att store the other day and was looking at the case the salse guy had for his IPhone. It was a very sturdy case, he threw his phone on the floor 3 times, and not even a scratch. I want a case like that.

csiguy1

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I bought the hard plastic case from VZ like the other person that posted earlier. It regularly sells for $29.00 but was on sale for $5.00 off. It has a piece that fits onto the phone and stays there and the entire thing slips into a holster that goes on your belt. It is not warm and fuzzy but very functional. Actually I like it best of all that I have tried.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Well I emailed otterbox. They make real nice impact case, for the iphone and various others, to see when and if we will be getting 1 for the eris

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

damian015#AC

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I was asking around last night about cases. Actually the guy I bought the original case from. He suggested a case like this. And looking at it I think I can retrofit it to the Eris. This thing looks very durable. I had a case like this for my old Ipod, and I used to put it in my pocket and race ATV's with it, it took a couple good hits and the ipod still worked like a charm.
NEW SPECK TOUGHSKIN BLACK BELT-CLIP CASE FOR iPHONE 3GS - eBay (item 150364013396 end time Dec-03-09 08:26:04 PST)

That looks like is very durable. I little bit to hardcore for my style though

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I think I am finally in buisness. I ordered this case the other day. It is made for the Iphone. After looking at it, I figured it was rubber and I could retorfit it to make it work. Well it works pretty good. The hole on the back that would show the apple logo, fits the camera, just have to trim a little for the mic, and right now I am using like small cotton balls on the top inside of the case, to fill in the extra space on the top, iphone is longer and wider. Gonna try hot glue later. I had a chessy case I bought from best buy, I put in that case then in the otterbox to make a decent fit. This is the otterbox case, I found it for 10 bucks on ebay.
iPhone 3G & 3GS Cases // iPhone 3G / 3GS Impact Case // OtterBox.com

Cheese_ME

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Enter your location
Shell / Holster Combo
(PART# VZW6200HOC)

This is the one I am using. It is very nice IMO. Supplies a hardcase for the back of the phone, and slides into the holster screen side down to fully protect the phone, when in the holster.

It is $29.99 from Verizon. I picked it up for $15 (free shipping) over eBay.

So I went in to my local Verizon store and told them I wanted this case, but wasn't sure if it was from Verizon or not, and they told me they have no clue what it could be. I seen it online and wasn't sure if it was sold by them or not. So I told them "ok, I'll check into it."

After getting home, I did some more checking on this case. At first, I could not find it on their website. It didn't display as a case with the other accessories for the Droid Eris, but I did manage to find the part number for the case, and noticed it had a Verizon part number. I called up my local Verizon store again, about 30 minutes after I left. I told them I found the case, I have the part number, it was made by Verizon but I did not see it on their website. I asked if I gave them the part number, if they could see if they could order it, or at least see if it has been discontinued or anything along those lines.

After asking this, the girl on the phone gave me a "I'm sorry, but I do not think we can do that." So I asked why they could not look up a part number for the item... a moment later after being put on hold, and after she spoke with her manager, she returned. "If it wasn't on the website, we cannot do anything. What you see is what we see," she replied. So I asked why she would not even check. I explained it 'WAS' sold by Verizon, and I really wanted to order it (since they did not know of this case, they figured it was not a Verizon case, even though it had a Verizon part number).

Anyways, in the end, after speaking with her manager twice, she told me she would not look up the part number. So I called their tech support hoping they could track it down. Of course they did, and quite easily, with the part number. The case was not displaying with the Droid Eris accessories, but was on their website. Verizon tech support ftw! Verizon stores ftl! In the end, I ordered it from eBay. After trying to support the local store, they just cannot be helped...

Was I a bit smarter, I would have just entered in the part number on the Verizon website for their search engine. Turns out, that works as well and it would have probably saved me a half hour of time on that day. XD

DROID_Eris_JP

Dec 26, 2009
www.twitter.com
I got the black silicone slip on for my Eris and it protects it quite well. I have dropped the phone a couple of times and both times have been confident that it prevented any trauma to the phone. I bought at my local VZW store for $14.

PJX

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
i just got the seideo innocase II in blue yesterday from amazon ($23) and i have to say, it is an awesome case. nice texture and it isn't a pain to take off to get to the battery. definitely worth the little extra $.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Has anyone tried the seidio cases? are they worth 30 bucks?
And I found this one:Amazon.com: HTC Verizon Eris Droid S6200 Black Rubberized Case Cover Protective SNAP-ON: Cell Phones & Service

Is fits pretty securely, the only issue I have is the bulge from the air pocket it needs to screw in the belt clip

I have not tried the one for the Eris specifically but I have ALWAYS had great product experiences with Seidio. Their cases fit the devices very nicely, and they are usually pretty slim and stylish with their color selection.

I would also check out the Otterbox Cases if you want something with some more added protection. We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com