pic not able to send via messaging

roket77

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
i took a pic with the eris(in 5mp mode) and tried to send it and it said"message size limit reached",,what can i do to correct this. i figured i would be able to send a pic that i took with the phone. If i cant,,what good is that size pic????

gigatigga

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't automatically resize, you have to manually do it. I recommend using picsay. it has an export right to messaging. Good luck

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't automatically resize, you have to manually do it. I recommend using picsay. it has an export right to messaging. Good luck

That's really odd. I guess it must be a Android 2.0 feature then because on the Droid it re sizes them as soon as you attach the image.

cgravsha

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Roket77, You need to change the resolution of the camera from 5mp to 3mp. This will lower the MB below the 1.2MB max to send in text messeges. The person on the other end of the text'd pic will not notice the difference. You can also go to camera settings and uncheck the widescreen, this will also lower the MB size.

Last edited:

zorro

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to camera,choose video and then settings and then change to mms messaging instead of memory card. now you are good to go.

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I use Handcent and I love it, but I've noticed that ever since I installed it, my brothers who have the latest iphones can't receive pics or name cards. Also, it asks if I want to resize, as opposed to doing it automatically. I'll check with them to see