How to: Hard Reset the HTC Droid Eris

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Perform a hard reset on your HTC Droid Eris. These steps will clear all data and settings off the device.

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Send buttons.

2. Press the Power button.

3. Follow the instructions to complete the hard reset.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hard resets wipe any electronic device back to "out of the box" conditions. So yes, your contacts are gone unless you back them up.

litfire

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a broken screen(blank screen). Can someone walk me through this process ? I want to hardware reset the device before I return it to the vzw store.
So far I have followed the instructions above and just blinding kept hitting the enter button(trackball key). I heard the reboot sound(vzw intro sound) after a while, so Im guessing it is reset. Is there anyway I can pull the apps from this phone using adb and broken screen ?
Thanks in advance.

Crowfoot

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Reset

I could use some help after doing a reset to my HTC Eris

Today I had to do a Reset on my Eris to clear up an issue with my GMail account. After that reset I am having massive issues with my 3G and WiFi. Currently I am at work and have to use the WIFI from the mac airport to browse the web. It has worked perfectly from day 1 but now after the Reset I can not browse any websites.

The WiFi shows it connected to the wireless connection with an excellent signal (the Airport is an Open connection and do not have to worry about entering a User Name + Password), but I am no longer able to load websites or any of the social networking apps.

I can place calls, send and receive texts, just can not make a connection to the web. I contacted Verizon support but were unable to assist in a resolution.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
when in doubt and they can't fix it, get them to replace the phone. but technically a hard reset should not make things worse.... very odd.

derrick17

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i locked myself out of my phone like an idiot and im trying to hard reset it, it gives me 2 options when i do it, press send and it takes me to a screen that says like press volume up, i press volume up and it takes me back to the first screen and my only other choice is [recovery], when i do that it shows me a screen with my phone and a red triangle and an explanation point...wth?

Latrell_567

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah unless you backed it up on Your Memory Card or as the phone calls it your SD Card and if you didn't IF you have the same contacts on another phone and that phone accepts Memory cards insert memory card and back it up on there,if it lets you...:(:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC