Alarm Clock Not Going Off

Pooq45

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Love the phone, but have a problem with the alarm clock. Its my second HTC Eris (had to swap it out for some minor issues).

The problem is I set the alarm clock the night before, and it doesn't go off. Its almost like it forgets. I made sure the volume is set to high and that its not on PM or anything like that. When I try to test it out, like setting it for a few minutes from now, it goes off fine, but when I set it for like 4+ hours it doesn't go off at all.

I'm a heavy sleeper and need to set 2 alarms! Any help will definitely be appreciated! Thanks :)

simeonberns

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have had similar problems as well. I have found that if you haven't restarted the ERIS in a while it does funny things. But as far as the alarm clock goes I have never got mine to make a sound other than the vibrator. When I try to test the alarm it only lights up and flashes. If I turn on the vibrate feature then it lights up and vibrates. I don't know about it. You may look for an alarm clock app.

gakule

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you go into the Clock area, and go to the alarm clock section.. go to where you're setting up an alarm and go to the sounds you make.. turn up the volume there and it should work just fine. By default the sound is set low enough to barely make a noise. Turn it all the way up, and I promise you'll wake up without a problem :-D

Renocat

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Iknow this is an old thread but just had this happen to me. My alarm did not go off. i went into settings as was suggested and while in there my sounds were set all the way up. Does anyone have an answer to this? And I had just power cycled the afternoon before.

Thanks!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I wound up late for work one day because my 4yo found a way to turn the alarm volume off. Your situation may be different from mine, but what I learned that day, thanks to my little boy, is that there is not only a Call Volume, and a Media Volume, but also an Alarm volume.

To adjust the alarm volume you have to drill down pretty far - go in to the alarm section, choose your alarm, touch the Alarm Sound, then, when you see the list of all the Alarm Sounds, you can adjust the volume for just the alarm. Hopefully this will help you -- but if not, I'm sure it will help some. From what I found, adjusting the volume anywhere else will not affect the alarm volume. This is the only way I've found to do it.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
If you are using any type of task killer make sure you are putting the alarm clock on the ignore list if it has one....this is what happened to me couple of times before i figured it out

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
to gakule and ricbon...
I did what both of you said to do (adjust the volume of the alarm adding an alarm, selecting the alarm sound, while in the selecting an alarm sound I changed the alarm volume to be the hightest possible and I also set ATK free to ignore clock program.) and that seems to have corrected the problem. I will update this post if it does not.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Do you use advanced task kill or some sort of task killer? I'm willing to bet thats what it is...

EDIT: *Facepalm* Too late should read the last couple of posts :p

Last edited:

Georgian Stanescu

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I did try this particualr option. In that I was using Battery Saver as recommended by an Android BLog. I think this one. I used to use it all the time to end tasks. I stopped using. Then I went onto a differnet Battery one called DU BAttery Saver. Same thing. So with this finding, it did work for awhile. In that I have stopped using apps task killers. Just hte built in one. HOwever that said, it has now stopped working again.

So as with the idea of disabling the Vibration, trying it now. UPDATE. Vibration did not work.

So so far, Troubleshooting tried
NOT Using Task Killer of any form not even the built in
and Disabled the VIbration aspect.

Donna Robbins

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Love the phone, but have a problem with the alarm clock. Its my second HTC Eris (had to swap it out for some minor issues).

The problem is I set the alarm clock the night before, and it doesn't go off. Its almost like it forgets. I made sure the volume is set to high and that its not on PM or anything like that. When I try to test it out, like setting it for a few minutes from now, it goes off fine, but when I set it for like 4+ hours it doesn't go off at all.

I'm a heavy sleeper and need to set 2 alarms! Any help will definitely be appreciated! Thanks :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance