Delete Bluetooth Device...?

DrDownload

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok.. seriously.. am I missing something.. how does one delete a bluetooth device from the "Bluetooth Devices" list on the Eris? I have been trying to delete another phone that pickedup as a device and cannot figure it out, i've tried holding down on the device name, no options come up, except for Pair or Unpair...

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok.. seriously.. am I missing something.. how does one delete a bluetooth device from the "Bluetooth Devices" list on the Eris? I have been trying to delete another phone that pickedup as a device and cannot figure it out, i've tried holding down on the device name, no options come up, except for Pair or Unpair...

No need to do all that on Android device...........just turn off BT and back on, no need to delete too as it will ONLY pair with a device it has been "locked" to. IF you pair a headset then you get that choice of deletion.

bendy

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
OK I am going to re-ask the question as i would like to delete a paired device.

So can you delete a paired device please?

Thanks

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Try:

Settings > Wireless Controls > Bluetooth Settings

now [Click n Hold] your paired Device

select "Unpair"

that should "delete" it from your list.

LGK

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured it out for you

I don't know if you ever got an answer, but I had that same problem just today. I got online to search for the solution. So here is what I did.

I "unpaired" the device I didn't want anymore, then I pressed "scan for devices", the one I didn't want went away.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: walterm3

areimer

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks people. I have been trying for the last couple of days to do this.
Pair and hold device name down and unpair and goodbye. Got to really love a forum.:D:D

ncf1108

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks also from me, I had to delete my Bluetooth device. Seems as though my new Droid want to always use the bluetooth on a phone call and automatically deactivates the internal speaker, even though the bluetooth is not activated. When on a call the phone continually turns off the speaker, then i press the speaker button, it turns it off again after a few seconds. I unpaired my Motorola BT and now the phone works fine. Am I missing something here, the Motorola phone doesn't even want to work correctly with the Motorola BT

gobucksjoe

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't pair/unpair the old device because I no longer have it. It died, that is why I need to delete it. I can't find a way to just delete it. thanks.

NelzonPV

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you ever got an answer, but I had that same problem just today. I got online to search for the solution. So here is what I did.

I "unpaired" the device I didn't want anymore, then I pressed "scan for devices", the one I didn't want went away.

Hope this helps.

I have a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy SIII. I already unpaired my bluetooth device but still it could scan the old device. I "paired" the bluetooth device to another Android phone and rename the buletooth device and changed the PIN to he defaukt PIN.

Unfortunately, after renaming and changing the buletooth device, my Samsung Galaxy SIII (GS3) could still detect the old name of my bluetooth device and I could not pair it because the GS3 was asking me to enter a PIN to the bluetooth device.

Appreciate feedback.

Uel Pitts

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I did this with blue tooth turned on
select blue tooth settings. Press and hold on the device you want to delete. you will get an options screen. select unpair

etrimby

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, one note to add, on my device it isn't a long press you need to tap on the "sliders" to the far right of the device name.

SBM_from_LA

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The answer needs to be updated... With Android 4.3+, all you have to do is go to Settings... Connection... then click on Bluetooth... there you will see a listing of everything that's paired to your device... and ONLY THERE will you see an icon with the option to REMOVE paired device..

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The answer needs to be updated... With Android 4.3+, all you have to do is go to Settings... Connection... then click on Bluetooth... there you will see a listing of everything that's paired to your device... and ONLY THERE will you see an icon with the option to REMOVE paired device..

On a forum for the HTC Droid Eris running Android 2.1, no, I don't think the answer needs to be updated.

Adam Motshagen

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki