Hello Apple Users:

I am looking at upgrading my phone and want to get the Droid Eris. The bad part it that tethering my phone to my Macbook is the only form of internet that I have due to living in the middle of nowhere with no DSL or Cable availability. I want to be able to tether the Eris to my Macbook via USB to take full advantage of EVDO Rev A 3G speeds but will settle for bluetooth
    tethering at the moment.

Also, I am aware that I will be able to tether it to a Mac using PdaNet once the Eris gets upgraded to Android 2.0 and I can't go a 30 - 90 days without internet waiting on HTC to port the Sense UI over to Adroid 2.0.

Does anyone know if the Eris rooting process is coming along? I know once it has been rooted that USB tethering and turning it into a WiFi hot spot (ad-hoc) will be a possibility and ad-hoc would be incredible because I wouldn't have to worry about compatibility on a mac or my version of OS X.

Any help will be appreciated!

Update:
    I emailed JuneFabrics.com, the company that makes PdaNet, to see if and when they will support tethering to the eris and mac via usb and I just got a reply today. They said they will release the Mac version in 2 weeks!!!:thumbsup:
    12-05-2009 01:50 PM
    what will be coming out in two weeks? an update for mac or an update for eris? im asking because i just got my girlfriend an eris and im sitting here trying to figure out how to put music on her phone with no luck!
    12-20-2009 06:24 AM
    what will be coming out in two weeks? an update for mac or an update for eris? im asking because i just got my girlfriend an eris and im sitting here trying to figure out how to put music on her phone with no luck!
    my best tip is download, doubletwist. it is like Itunes and it worked out for me. good luck.
    12-20-2009 06:42 AM
    Did you end up successfully tethering with your mac and eris? I have the same issue here... it's going to be a deal breaker if I buy the phone or not. I need to be able to tether... and did you use PDAnet?
    12-21-2009 06:43 PM
    Proxoid v1.0.5 Application for Android | Communication

Download and install to your phone.
    Download and install the Android SDK for Mac

Start proxoid on your phone, set port to 8080

From the terminal on your mac,
    Code:
    adb forward tcp:8080 tcp:8080
    Set Safari (or whatever browser) to run via proxy on port 8080.

Enjoy web surfing via your phones 3g. Prepare for quite a large bill if you get caught.
    12-21-2009 06:56 PM
    Proxoid v1.0.5 Application for Android | Communication

Download and install to your phone.
    Download and install the Android SDK for Mac

Start proxoid on your phone, set port to 8080

From the terminal on your mac,
    Code:
    adb forward tcp:8080 tcp:8080
    Set Safari (or whatever browser) to run via proxy on port 8080.

Enjoy web surfing via your phones 3g. Prepare for quite a large bill if you get caught.

So, I'm new to figuring this stuff out... on the terminal, do i just paste that in and i'm good? Then i was looking on safari preferences, and i have no clue how to set it to run via proxy... sorry if the question seems dumb... thanks for the help!
    12-22-2009 06:22 PM
    Is there a way i can tether my Eris to my Dell Laptop? or would i have to wait till the next software update?
    12-27-2009 08:50 AM
    Is there a way i can tether my Eris to my Dell Laptop? or would i have to wait till the next software update?
    Search PDANet in the Market - Download and Install

Download and Install the PC client here: Download PdaNet

Enjoy!
    12-27-2009 11:30 AM
    Search PDANet in the Market - Download and Install

Download and Install the PC client here: Download PdaNet

Enjoy!
    Thanks very much!! It works great with my laptop I may just cancel my internet service with AT&T now.
    12-27-2009 04:14 PM
    Does anyone know of a tether program that I can use with OS 10.4?
    05-17-2010 07:35 PM
    does anyone know of the tether barcode for the dell laptop using windows vista?
    05-18-2010 09:15 AM
    will this work with ipad and xoom as well? Does this just use your phone data plan so you dont need to subscribe to Verizon tether plan?
    04-03-2011 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD