sence ui location and temp problem

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok on the sence UIs clock that shows the time temp and location when ever I am on my home town it says I'm on some other town like 150 miles away. This is the only time this problem happens when in a diferent town it shows the correct town. Any clue how this can get fixed.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Open google maps and update your location. this should have been fixed with the update...you did install the update from sprint right?

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
i did the verizon update. ya once i open google maps and it will sometimes show me in this other city sometimes the location will be right. i will do the location update then and it will still give me the wrong city for the weather though. by the way this city that it says i am in i have never been to in my life

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I noticed i said Sprint..but you got the general idea.
I'm not sure what to think about it. That was a known issue that was supposedly addressed with the update. You're the first person I've seen who has updated and still gets bad location info in HTC's weather app.

You're not in Arizona by chance are you?

thenestor

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I just want to chime in to report similar problems in Tustin, California, USA. Whenever my wife and I are in the city of Tustin, our Droid Eris phones show that we are in Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China. That is shown as the "current location" in the HTC clock app, HTC weather app, and Google Maps. And the time on the phone (including the clock in the Verizon notification bar) jumps 16 hours ahead of our local time, to coincide with the local time in Xuzhou. This happens with or without GPS enabled.

I noticed a pattern, though. Check out the latitude and longitude pairs for the two cities:

Tustin, CA, USA = 34?N, 117?W
Xuzhou, China = 34?N, 117?E

So for some reason, the phone thinks we're in east longitude instead of west whenever we're in Tustin.

For other people having this problem, is there a similar correlation between the latitude and longitude of your actual location and the latitude and longitude of the incorrect location shown on your phone? Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude

houtx1

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The latitude and longitude thing is absolutely correct! I am currently working in Monterrey Mexico and I keep getting Dail China on my phone. Same L&L only difference is E and W. Good catch. Now, how do we fix it? HTC HELP!

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok on the sence UIs clock that shows the time temp and location when ever I am on my home town it says I'm on some other town like 150 miles away. This is the only time this problem happens when in a diferent town it shows the correct town. Any clue how this can get fixed.
maybe since your GPS is triangulated off of the cell towers try updating your roaming location *228 option #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12