Weird Head Phone Icon Issue (help)

oracle646

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey Peeps

So I have the Eris and I look through the manual and it shows an icon that just looks like some standard phones.

ALL though the one that I have on the phone up on the task bar is the head phone looking icon but with a mic attached. kind of like a telemarketer headset looking thing.

The thing is i can not get rid of it and it is not listen in the manual as an icon. See i cannot hear a through the speakers assuming this is why. I even did a hard reset and it is still there.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks much in advance.

TB

123one

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
What I noticed on mine is when I pull out the headphones from the phone while the screen is blacked out, the phone will still think they r plugged in. If this happens, just power off the phone and turn it on again. It shouldn't have the little headphone icon on the top any more. So FYI if u unplug headphones from the phone just make sure the screen us lit up.

oracle646

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
What I noticed on mine is when I pull out the headphones from the phone while the screen is blacked out, the phone will still think they r plugged in. If this happens, just power off the phone and turn it on again. It shouldn't have the little headphone icon on the top any more. So FYI if u unplug headphones from the phone just make sure the screen us lit up.

I even did a hard reset on the phone and the icon is still there...It is just funny when I plug in a head phone jack it take away the mic on the head phone icon, but then just makes it a standard head phone icon. When I unplug it it goes back to the head phone with a mic Icon.

hazior

May 9, 2010
Visit site
something small in the audio jack was the problem . . . if your still having the issue i would try blowing into the hole

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
that woulda been my guess something was bridging the gap to close the set of contacts to trigger it to run that function

speeman420

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
this happened to me recently as well. don't know what the deal is, but i checked out some other forums and if you go to "Search Android Widgets" online (on your phone, of course), look for & download the "HEADSET TOGGLE WIDGET" - worked like a charm for me.
~hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair