Eris touchscreen unresponsive when locked here and there

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm running into a problem but thank GD it has only happend twice and only since the Verizon update came out where when the phone is locked and you try to unlock it, the touch screen is unresponsive. Restarting it works but obviously who wants to do that? You know the phone didnt freeze because you see data moving back and forth. What can I do? Is it a known issue? Etc etc

Thanks

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've had that happen twice. Had to pull the battery to get it to restart. Now it's shutting down altogether and on it's own. Put a post on that in another thread - hope to get some answers. Both things suck and they may be related. Whatever I hear I'll post back here just in case.

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Looks like you beat me to this thread. I've had the same happen about 5 times since I've updated almost 2 weeks ago. Pulling the battery in/out has been my only solution.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
This is happening to my daughter's Eris too. VZW tech support was useless. They installed a task killer and told us it would fix things. NOT

The Eris is also hanging up calls all by itself and sending out blank SMS by itself when just sitting on the desk.

I'm almost ready to go back to BlackBerry

colemania

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is happening to my phone as well.

To the poster above, though, the blank SMS problem happened with me until I deleted all my texts that failed to send the first time. Apparently it was trying to resend those failed texts and it would send a blank SMS. Try Handcent instead or I hear Chomp is good too. Both available on the android market.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just hold out until the updates, it'll be worth the wait. But on a side note, and in addition to your guys' posted problems, I have noticed that maybe twice in the months that I have owned the Eris, it will not wake up from sleep when I hit the end button. It always unlocks but a few times it wouldn't even wake from sleep. And just curious, has anybody had a problem where people will call you, but your phone won't ring? I have had a few people tell me they called me 5 or more times and I didn't pick up...where my Eris tells me I only have 1 missed call / only rang once. Strange...would like to know more on this.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
easy to say to hold out for the updates, but in the meantime, it's tough to take. I don't like a phone that doesn't do what I want it to, when I want it to. I've only had this happen to me a couple times, but man it's frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz